30 Dalton St. Residences | Back Bay

$3700 for a 1 bed and $700 a month for parking. Really?

The rent is midtown Manhattan prices and the parking is 40-50% higher than midtown Manhattan. This is a 20-something story building surrounded by crappy hotels. No wonder is it is 6% leased. Knock $300-400 off that rent and $300 off that parking and you have a deal.

$3700 for a 1 bed and $700 a month for parking. Really?

The rent is midtown Manhattan prices and the parking is 40-50% higher than midtown Manhattan. This is a 20-something story building surrounded by crappy hotels. No wonder is it is 6% leased. Knock $300-400 off that rent and $300 off that parking and you have a deal.

Is that $700 per spot?

I don't understand why you'd pay such a large premium for this versus Avalon North Station. Avalon North Station has much better views. Avalon is trying to fill the building up quickly but I don't know what the 30 Dalton owners are thinking.

30 dalton is nestled in a quiet area of the back bay within walking distance of Newbury St. where Avalon north station is next to the garden where there's gonna be tons of drunken assholes 150 days a year and its within walking distance of causeway st.

30 dalton is nestled in a quiet area of the back bay within walking distance of Newbury St. where Avalon north station is next to the garden where there's gonna be tons of drunken assholes 150 days a year and its within walking distance of causeway st.

Not to mention heroin junkies and degenerate gamblers pretty much every day. Curious to see how the new development and the residents that come to inhabit it deal with these folks, who have been inhabiting Bulfinch Triangle for quite awhile.

Not to mention heroin junkies and degenerate gamblers pretty much every day. Curious to see how the new development and the residents that come to inhabit it deal with these folks, who have been inhabiting Bulfinch Triangle for quite awhile.

You think we don't have junkies and degenerates in this neighborhood? Have you been on Mass Ave recently? Helmet Man in front of Dunks, the opiate-abusers in front of Store 24 or Guitar Center? Fred the ginger bum who shits in the alley behind the Verizon building? Fr. John's flock of homeless who sleep on his parish stairs? The bums who live with and fight each other in the garden plot behind Auditorium Garage.

Don't think this neighborhood can't rival Bulfinch for shady behavior, kid.

I don't understand why you'd pay such a large premium for this versus Avalon North Station. Avalon North Station has much better views. Avalon is trying to fill the building up quickly but I don't know what the 30 Dalton owners are thinking.

Back Bay is a much more desirable place to live than Bulfinch Triangle.

You think we don't have junkies and degenerates in this neighborhood? Have you been on Mass Ave recently? Helmet Man in front of Dunks, the opiate-abusers in front of Store 24 or Guitar Center? Fred the ginger bum who shits in the alley behind the Verizon building? Fr. John's flock of homeless who sleep on his parish stairs? The bums who live with and fight each other in the garden plot behind Auditorium Garage.

Don't think this neighborhood can't rival Bulfinch for shady behavior, kid.

There are local bums in Beacon Hill as well, so what. St. Cecilia and a block or two of Boylston in Boston's flashiest, wealthiest neighborhood is not a comparison to Bulfinch. Not at all.

Don't let the block on the shoulder knock yourself on your own ass. Unless you want to drive your Tesla over to Fort Point and trade homeless guy references until we pass out on our grass-fed beef from too many large cans of PBR, yuppie.

There are local bums in Beacon Hill as well, so what. St. Cecilia and a block or two of Boylston in Boston's flashiest, wealthiest neighborhood is not a comparison to Bulfinch. Not at all.

Don't let the block on the shoulder knock yourself on your own ass. Unless you want to drive your Tesla over to Fort Point and trade homeless guy references until we pass out on our grass-fed beef from too many large cans of PBR, yuppie.

By no means am I the PC police, but it's 2016. Who seriously still uses the term "bum"?

By no means am I the PC police, but it's 2016. Who seriously still uses the term "bum"?

What is the modern, PC term for a "bum"?

It's not "homeless person", as one can easily be homeless and not be a "bum". Same goes for "addict" or "alcoholic" or anything like that, or "chronically unemployed". I can think of no other term that accurately and succinctly describes the specific category of person that "bum" represents.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory or confrontational; I'm honestly curious.

^ I don't love the term either, but agree with Jumbo that it succinctly represents something for which we may have no better word (or at least not one that general). People used to say "undesirables" but that's even more judgmental.

Reality is there are a variety of legitimate and unique mental health issues that manifest in different forms. Yet "mentally ill," clinical as it may sound, doesn't quite cover it either.

"Those in need of treatment" might be close to the mark, but there are a few "bums" who are pretty close to mentally healthy who choose to be bum-like (e.g., the 23-yrd old w/ his/her guitar and dog & who hasn't showered in 3 months).

My vote is "those in need of treatment" for most folks.

bring back vagabonds.

If there is any neighborhood where people would say it it would be here... and Beacon Hill

If you don't want to see bums you can live in Wellesley. Any dense area in America has bums, they're mostly harmless.

Back Bay is a much more desirable place to live than Bulfinch Triangle.

In 5-6 years, the span from the Bullfinch Triangle area to the West End will be extremely good. In 7-8 years even better, if the Aquarium Garage gets done. A decade later, a reborn Scollay Square w/ redone City Hall w/ vastly improved, year-round public space, fully connected, integrated neighborhoods and 3 or 4 max-faa skyscrapers.

i'd really like to see some thin 700'ish to make the 2.5/1 boxes look better. and how else can a welfare friendly city pay for all the great things we want to do?

bring back vagabonds.

If there is any neighborhood where people would say it it would be here... and Beacon Hill

bums and vagabonds are one and the same for me. Agree with prior posts, it is a unique insult to or classification of a person.

scalawag? ragamuffin?

Back