321 Harrison Ave | South End

I wonder why developers are choosing not to cover the entire parking structure...

321-harrison_slideshow_7.jpg

FAR restrictions?

Cars need rain to grow ..

cca

Welp since it was bumped heres a render not posted in here:

Its a nice building.

321-harrison_block-freeway2.jpg

Not a huge fan of keeping the existing parking structure fronting Herald St. If the Pike ever gets decked (haha) that will be a huge dead spot. Then again the Pike may never get decked. So probably a safe bet.

In the spirit of news, I did see that they were drilling for soil samples just over a month ago. Not sure how this plays into the timeline of the redevelopment of the parking garage.

They seem to do a pretty good job of hiding the parking structure within the new building I don't think will be that much of a dead zone. Its really no different from other buildings with ground floor lobbies and then glass that has no entrances that you'll find downtown.

Last edited:
Weird! I saw the equipment last week in the lower level and I figured they were just storing stuff there. The southern and eastern halves of South End almost have as much construction going on as the seaport its pretty wild

I keep thinking of how wonderful it could be if the Mass Pike were covered. The flow into the South End would be matchless. Yes, I know it's expensive...but down the line maybe...

Back