4-6 Newbury Street | Back Bay

Re: New Building Proposed for Newbury Street

Something also does not jive with the rendering and the steel as erected. Something tells me we are not getting what is in that picture.

cca

What about the steel makes you think that?

Coming up quickly! I still can't believe there were NIMBYs protesting this. I feel like sometimes they protest just for the sake of it.

What was their problem with this?

^ My guess is something about "not fitting with the character of existing architecture" or some such nonsense.

Something also does not jive with the rendering and the steel as erected. Something tells me we are not getting what is in that picture.

cca

It's just a simple structural frame. Anything is still possible for the facade and window bays. What they have now certainly doesn't inhibit them from continuing the facade scheme in the rendering.

You could be right. I am not understanding the logic of the canted steel unless the second floor is not mean to engage at the facade ...plus ... at the moment .. the bay windows as rendered are not framed out.

I will hold judgement. I am just hoping it approaches the look in the rendering. It is nice and subtle.

cca

cca

I was thinking the exact same thing. There is a forward slanting part to the framing that i can not figure out where it fits in with the rendering. It also seems like they have built out as far as they can, it doesn't look like bay windows can be added onto this structure as it already sits.

8555646977_1bff00061a_b.jpg

8556756782_a1cec86ae1_b.jpg

Penthouse finds buyer.

Still, the 5,900-square-foot spread at 4-6 Newbury Street went ahead and asked $7,965,000. And this was just for what the original listing from Tracy Campion of Campion & Co. described as a "shell"—all six of the floor-through units would require customization. Well, whatever: The spread has landed a buyer, though it's not clear if it landed one at that final asking.

http://m.boston.curbed.com/archives/2013/04/chanel-no-6s-priciest-listing-lands-a-buyer.php

Is it me, or is Six New the only thing slower than the Exeter @ Prudential?

8698134344_d91c71bd3c_b.jpg

8697010631_fa3363e014_b.jpg

8697009441_7d137fc9b2_b.jpg

8697008249_64551f727d_b.jpg

^^ Any car buffs out there liking the newest generation of the Beetle? Looks damn sharp to me...nowhere near as cartoony as the "New" Beetle.

Hasnt it been out for 1-2 years? Ive seen just one in person

Anyone who likes Porsche's has to hate the new Beetle. It's a lot better than the old version but strikes a bit too close to home.

Ah ... the diagonal were shoring. Now I get it.

cca

Anyone who likes Porsche's has to hate the new Beetle. It's a lot better than the old version but strikes a bit too close to home.

I don't know. The 356 was pretty much just a sport version of the Beetle. VW is just making the new Beetle more 356 like, and ought to go all the way with it and revise the front end. But, of course, the new Beetle's engine is at the front and no nasty swing axles loading up on you...

Hasnt it been out for 1-2 years? Ive seen just one in person

Good point. I actually had to go check on its release date to realize it has been out for almost two years by now (I was thinking it came out this past fall). I've seen a handful or two, but you're right...they really aren't moving off the lots.

The saddest part of the situation is that its probably being seriously outsold by the ratmobile Kia parked in front of it. Am I the only one who wants to gouge his eyes and ear drums out when that commercial comes on?

Well since the original beetle was designed by Porsche (it's the Porsche Type 60 I believe) it's appropriate. They also bought their former parent company last year. The lines actually remind me more of a VW fastback than anything though
volkswagen-type-3-fastback-04.jpg

Back