4-6 Newbury Street | Back Bay

Re: New Building Proposed for Newbury Street

Strange that Restoration Hardware would leave itself with no inner-city presence for several years. Obviously they think there's money to be made here.

Strange that Restoration Hardware would leave itself with no inner-city presence for several years. Obviously they think there's money to be made here.

KZ -- There getting back in at the right time -- Condo prices and sales are starting to boom again

There are going to be a whole lot of condo owners looking for the latest in door knob snob appeal

/\ hehe, ironically enough I can't wait for them to reopen. I'm considering a small kitchen reno. Including new knobs.

The building on the corner of newbury and mass ave has been gutted. I know theres a thread for it somewhere

Think it's under 94 Mass Ave.

8291819654_569b2bf028_b.jpg

Finally!

8368629633_2f7d2f927d_b.jpg

Sponge baths are the newest craze in the green living movement. Cuts way down on water consumption.

Interestingly steel framing appears to be near or at full height however there's a bit of a setback relative to the abutting properties, perhaps as much as 20 feet.

Nice, been wondering how this one's going. Thanks as always for all the pics!

From this week's Courant:

5796483697_87cb75cb52_b.jpg

The rendering for this looks like a winner. They did it right by playing it straight and not going for the mock historical imitation that could so easily have happened here.

I have to agree. Build fabric where fabric is called for. This won't win any awards but it does play nice with the urban condition.

cca

Coming up quickly! I still can't believe there were NIMBYs protesting this. I feel like sometimes they protest just for the sake of it.

Back