50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Natural stone panel (marble, granite) is about 40% more expensive per sq. ft. than multi-pane glass curtain wall, installed.

That is a nice finish on 50 Liberty!

I don't know if I've mentioned it on here but they are handling the sales of 50 Liberty differently from 22 Liberty. 22 Liberty, the sales team didn't pay any brokers' commissions - you had to go in on your own or pay your broker out of your own pocket.

For 50 Liberty, they've listed the units in our local MLS and are paying standard commissions of 2.5%.

Changing market?

I don't know if I've mentioned it on here but they are handling the sales of 50 Liberty differently from 22 Liberty. 22 Liberty, the sales team didn't pay any brokers' commissions - you had to go in on your own or pay your broker out of your own pocket.

For 50 Liberty, they've listed the units in our local MLS and are paying standard commissions of 2.5%.

Changing market?

Two words: Millennium Tower.

If you think about it were actually starting to get some of the better architecture in the city here, its just height limited. The buildings going up now, very recently built, and the very nice proposals coming soon are all very good. Theres a few "duds" or not as great examples like yotel, but downtown/bck bay has its fair share as well. Not to mention 888 boylston front and center unfortunately in one of the most iconic shots and well recognized vews of Boston in the entire city.

Fenway and VERY recently the seaport are starting to pull their weight. Lets not forget though that Downtown is about to put a stomping on them with 1 Dalton, MT, 115 fed, and gcg though so it will be short lived. But that still doesn't take away from the fact that they are starting deliver nice products.

^ had the chance to walk around 50 Liberty this past weekend. The real marble on the facade is fantastic. You gotta be within a hundred feet or so of the building to appreciate it, but man, it prevents this building from being "just another glass box"...

Its definitely not a glass box either way with the sharp angle balconies, the L shape tower, and the unique roof design. This building brings some much needed texture in an area with lots of flat surfaces.

Its definitely not a glass box either way with the sharp angle balconies, the L shape tower, and the unique roof design. This building brings some much needed texture in an area with lots of flat surfaces.

Yes and no, 22 liberty has all those angles too, but it blends in more with the similarly-tinted glass boxes of the Vertex Pharma buildings next door. I partially agree with you, but I think it's the angles + the unique facade that really make this one stand out.

That was basically the one other point I was going to type but didnt. But were saying the same thing this one stands out because of the textures/balconies and it has a different color blue along with the marble so it stands out and looks good. 22 liberty is one tower, the area overall has a lot of flat surfaces.

That was basically the one other point I was going to type but didnt. But were saying the same thing this one stands out because of the textures/balconies and it has a different color blue along with the marble so it stands out and looks good. 22 liberty is one tower, the area overall has a lot of flat surfaces.

We are in full agreement. Can't wait to see this one (and the overall Fan Pier development) wrap up, inclusive of finishing off the public/harborwalk spaces around 50 Lib. The harborwalk is open, but the hardscaping finishes are not down yet in most places.

Thanks for these great photos David.

IMG_4310 by David Z, on Flickr

The Seaport in not in 6 years but in 3~4 when all these offices, condo's and hotels are complete, parking garage done. And because everyone is having such a great time in their new dense neighborhood, because it's new, and not bricks and mortar, people will be screaming in the Globe about how wretched all these people are.

We are in full agreement. Can't wait to see this one (and the overall Fan Pier development) wrap up, inclusive of finishing off the public/harborwalk spaces around 50 Lib. The harborwalk is open, but the hardscaping finishes are not down yet in most places.

+1. Given the more interesting facades of both 50 and 22 Liberty and improvements to the harborwalk, it's difficult to understand the negativity directed towards Fallon in certain posts/threads. The Vertex buildings are flat and square, though it was well known that those two buildings would be boxed in on all sides eventually by other buildings.

Agreed. They've done a good job but some people will never be satisfied and want to complain about how boring things look.

If your in a car and cant see up, just a little higher than ground level, the grid layout and lobbies are starting to feel like mid town manhattan.

Back