800 Huntington Ave | Mission Hill

Can't the client/developer share some of the blame in these designs as well?

For all we know the architect came up with something brilliant, showed it to the client only to be told it would cost too much/wouldn't suit their needs and through subsequent reiterations ended up with the POS we see before us.

This city's planning department is stuck in the twentieth century. They should rename it the Department of View and Parking Spot Preservation, because this seems to be the scope of their demands to developers--anything else goes. It's pretty clear that they haven't got the slightest clue on what makes a good city, even when it's right under their noses

This is rubbish planning.

hc_beal_mee02-full.jpg

Laughing so hard right now. Talk about shooting for the stars on this development. I think BOB the BUILDER is the construction manager.

Don't insult the students at local vocational schools. They receive practical applied training in useful trade skills. A plumber, carpenter, electrician, or welder could never expect to have a successful career with a dull skill set. The local universities architecture and urban planning programs' graduates on the other hand.....

I meant some kid used AutoCAD to design the place. I'm not knockin' on the Voc.

Though, I think regular highschools should still offer those things, instead...

They cued their design palette from 72 Mission. There is a lot of vacant land in the back, lot more than the footprint for this building.

they are just keeping with the aesthetics of the other Mass Eye and ear building.. the aesthetics of " this building hurts my brain."

Maybe they're hoping that their clientele won't be able to see the building too clearly.

Here are a few from above that I took last week.

IMG_20120425_174226.jpg

IMG_20120425_174221.jpg

Would this have looked better if it didn't have the terra cotta panels? This thing looks like a big POS

If you think it's a POS now, wait until the blank wall along Huntington is finally revealed

Back