817 Albany Street (BUMC Dorm) | South End

Does anybody have a floor plan? This strikes me as a small footprint.

Holy shit. It took like 7 weeks to go from "Pile O Dirt" to 8 stories.

Does anybody have a floor plan? This strikes me as a small footprint.

There is another building planned, around 9 stories. I hope that by the time it gets built BU needs to go higher. This project is far too unambitious for this site, same with the Silber inspired design.

Holy shit. It took like 7 weeks to go from "Pile O Dirt" to 8 stories.

Modern dorms are todays toothpick buildings. They can go up in a week, but they're crap. Every time someone steps out of bed, the person below them will hear it.

032-10.jpg
top off?

Not sure if anyone else has heard this, but I have it on pretty good authority that BU Dental School intends to build on the parking lot/loading doc entrance further up Albany St ~635. The site is across from NEIDL and next to its existing building on the corner of Albany and E. Newton.

I'm impressed -- it's essentially a year from tearing down what was there to nearly having an enclosed shell for the new buiding

Boston should encourage starting about one of these sized structures every month as infill on the fringes of existing residental neighborhoods to provide appartments which seem to be in great demand today

later some can be converted to reasonably priced, family-scale condos to meet the demand for ownership which will eventurally return

From what I see already, this is going to look a lot like a Hampton Inn.

My initial reaction to the building next to it was "why does a gym need such large garage doors" ?

Indistinguishable from any other BU building.

Not sure if the right comment is "as inoffensive as their student center on Bay State Rd. should have been" or if it would have looked just as terrible next to century-old rowhouses.

You have shitty taste if you think this is better than bay state rd.

Come to think about it, pretty much all of BU's new buildings are bland. Agganis, StuVi, East Campus Center, and now this. Really nice for a world top 100 university with a pretty large endowment :(

Back