Allston Yards (Stop and Shop) | 60 Everett St | Allston

BCDC yesterday:

www.bostonplans.org/documents/plann...ns/allston-yards-bcdc-presentation-2019-04-02

Interesting thing in here - on p.17 we get the first render of the three north side buildings, with a Bose sign visible. Back in 2017 Bose signed for office space at Boston Landing, not here, which makes me wonder if they're shifting even more in from Framingham...

Big difference also between the pre-VE north side buildings and the post-VE Building A, which makes me cynical that they actually plan to build anything like what they've drawn here.

Is is safe to assume these new images represent the actual building designs, while previous images were placeholders?

Is is safe to assume these new images represent the actual building designs, while previous images were placeholders?

I think it's safest to assume that for Building A, safeish to assume it for Building B, and not safe to assume for C and D. The more space they spend in the presentation defending their design choices, the more advanced the design.

This is a step in the right direction, but still far too limited in scope. I look at this image and mostly notice all the surface lots. Hopefully those will also be developed. If not, this will never be urban enough, resembling more a suburban park more densely built, but without any accessible urbanity beyond the buildings.

Screengrabs:

Its just getting started. Its important to get these up as the catalyst. Once these go up land value is going to increase dramatically and its going to make no sense financially to hold on to your parking lot. So Id expect things in the vicinity to start falling like dominos and this to extend much further than even this shows or even for these developers. Other developers will also be able to scoop up lots in the area too and add their own projects.

BCDC yesterday:

www.bostonplans.org/documents/plann...ns/allston-yards-bcdc-presentation-2019-04-02

Interesting thing in here - on p.17 we get the first render of the three north side buildings, with a Bose sign visible. Back in 2017 Bose signed for office space at Boston Landing, not here, which makes me wonder if they're shifting even more in from Framingham...

Big difference also between the pre-VE north side buildings and the post-VE Building A, which makes me cynical that they actually plan to build anything like what they've drawn here.

Re: Bose, if so, it's Framingham's own damn fault. Dr Bose went to his grave hurt and pissed off at Framingham for not allowing him to build his amphitheatre on the mountain. I think it happened around 2000, maybe a bit later, but they then scrapped another building that had been permitted and took over an old NEC site in Stow and he vowed to never build anymore in Framingham. The lease could be coming up in Stow. Maybe they will finally build a some kind of performing arts venue there or at Boston Landing, which, of course would sound incredible.

This is a step in the right direction, but still far too limited in scope. I look at this image and mostly notice all the surface lots. Hopefully those will also be developed. If not, this will never be urban enough, resembling more a suburban park more densely built, but without any accessible urbanity beyond the buildings.

It's going to take years, but it will fill in up to North Beacon Street. The neighborhood on the far side of North Beacon is pretty intact and almost 100% old homes... neighborhood will fight any changes to that. But, with time, we'll probably get an increasingly dense corridor along the Pike, from Beacon Yards to Market Street.

It's going to take years, but it will fill in up to North Beacon Street. The neighborhood on the far side of North Beacon is pretty intact and almost 100% old homes... neighborhood will fight any changes to that. But, with time, we'll probably get an increasingly dense corridor along the Pike, from Beacon Yards to Market Street.

It's not so much parking lots as parking lot - the Volvo Village maintenance center is where most of the asphalt is there, and so far the dealership has resisted selling it, even as they've moved into a new "urban" dealership in the brick building next door for sales. The other big parking lot is the site of the New Balance track that broke ground yesterday.

It's not so much parking lots as parking lot - the Volvo Village maintenance center is where most of the asphalt is there, and so far the dealership has resisted selling it, even as they've moved into a new "urban" dealership in the brick building next door for sales. The other big parking lot is the site of the New Balance track that broke ground yesterday.

Boston Volvo Village saved my ass in 2007 - I lost my car key in New Orleans one week before being scheduled to move back to Boston, and owned a recently purchased, used car previously maintained at BVV by the prior owner... called them, gave them the VIN and they fed-ex'ed me the key after a conversation even though I'd never met them. Will be forever in their debt, otherwise would've been stranded there for a few weeks while waiting on the company.

Sooner or later, the parking lot will be too valuable not to sell. I wouldn't worry about this at all, this area is developing faster than I ever would have expected... it has terrible traffic on all sides, no Pike exit, and very limited commuter rail and yet it's moving along at a great speed.

Phase I alone is ambitious, but fully built out it's a small neighborhood unto itself. I don't know if a neighborhood abutting a highway can have a streetwall, but this will also really add to the view from the Pike.

Hoe does the affordability aspect of a project like this work?

I can't believe these new buildings cant be integrated into the station somehow to allow for elevators or escalators, especially up to the peak of Everett bridge.

C:mad:MMUNITY: we DEMAND more affordable housing and we DEMAND many more home ownership units!
C:mad:MMUNITY: we DEMAND much lower density, we DEMAND much lower building heights, and we DEMAND much more open space!
C:mad:MMUNITY: we DEMAND the open space be deeded to the city in perpetuity so it can NEVER be developed and we DEMAND the developers pay all operating, maintenance, and programming costs of the open space in perpetuity!

What was the point of taking off 30 units? 25,000sqft of office too?

Im seriously confused who has an agenda that determined to knock off anything...

Back