Amazon HQ2 RFP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Amazon Bid Locations | MA

How's this thread different from the other thread?

Re: Amazon Bid Locations | MA

Is there one? If there is my bad just merge em.

It's just the WSJ's scored guess at which Boston is #2, not that Amazon's had any input.

Yeah, I wish they'd stop publishing these. Unless they have a leak from within Amazon, these ratings are all completely worthless.

This article was bs. I think Chicago is the stronger candidate but in what world does their college population score higher than ours? MIT alone outmuscles U of C and Northwestern.

Should we setup the poll
Assembly square
Winthrop garage
Suffolk downs
South station

I'm going with assembly or Winthrop

South station would be a great fit for amazon

Why do you keep bringing up the Winthrop garage. It's not at all large enough to house Amazon and no one besides you has mentioned it as an option.

He's not especially bright. You can keep explaining it to him but it won't make any difference. Try a rolled up newspaper.

He's not especially bright. You can keep explaining it to him but it won't make any difference. Try a rolled up newspaper.

comments like this is why these threads derail.

Has Amazon picked a location? NO
Do you personally know Jeff Bezo? probably not

So how do you know what is a good fit for Amazon?
On a hunch Amazon would most likely stay focused in the heart of the action.
Cambridge, Somerville, Boston-----In that order

Apparently this is a render for the Amazon HQ2 in Volpe in Cambridge. Never seen this before, pretty interesting. I thought everything was already approved in Volpe but this is recent. Hopefully they plan to build this regardless of Amazon moving in, but I have no idea. Pretty cool either way and it would be great to see Cambridge go vertical.

h7hzbpP.jpg

This would be cool to have across the Charles form the Hancock. It would be like a gateway when looking up or down the Charles.

That is not a rendering produced by MIT, or from what I can tell, any of its architects. In a Google photo search, the only apparent place this photo exists on the web at this hour is here on this aB thread.

That building looks like it is the headquarters of an evil Bond villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back