Amazon Office II/SeaPAC | 1 Boston Wharf Rd. (Seaport Sq Parcel L5) | Seaport

It appears to be topped off. Amazing, 1 year for the pit, 9 months for ground up steel!

IMG_4770.JPG

I know this area was part of the lower levels pit. I assume this depression is the underside of the walkway between Summer St and the rest of the park to the harbor. Essentially a huge tree pit.
Untitled.png

IMG_4816.JPG

Last edited:
IMG_4793.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG

The rock garden is something to look at. Time and expense to create an inviting environment. This will be filled with employees during the summer months.

IMG_4812.JPG
IMG_4808.JPG

Concrete bar and (temporary?) dog park. That would be a job plus at Amazon, bring your dog to work!

IMG_4830.JPG
IMG_4819.JPG

Concrete bar and (temporary?) dog park. That would be a job plus at Amazon, bring your dog to work!
The idea of people bringing their dogs to work is just patently absurd. Part of going to the office is that it helps with work/life separation. I certainly don't want a co-workers private life to intrude in the workplace in the way that bringing a large animal would do.

The idea of people bringing their dogs to work is just patently absurd. Part of going to the office is that it helps with work/life separation. I certainly don't want a co-workers private life to intrude in the workplace in the way that bringing a large animal would do.

100%

I was being sarcastic but I will bet that's why a lot of people prefer to "work from home", they like their pets more than coworkers. It actually grosses me out when I see people while working from home posting their cat that is stepping on the laptop for attention.

Last edited:
...I certainly don't want a co-workers private life to intrude in the workplace in the way that bringing a large animal would do.

We're going through a cultural moment, at present, wherein there is a false dichotomy between two competing movements: "bring your whole self to work" and "give nothing but transactional productive output of your job/role since Big Corporate will only use your human dimensions against you." Both are wrong. It should be: "bring your work self to work."

This walk area will be a great space when everything is built out. Not a destination in itself, but a terrific addition for people to explore when in the Seaport which, even at this point of its development, is a beautiful addition to the city! The Seaport, and it’s restaurants were jammed with people Thursday evening!
IMG_9440.jpeg
IMG_9441.jpeg
IMG_9442.jpeg
IMG_9443.jpeg
IMG_9445.jpeg

I dunno. I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with a person bringing an animal or a small child to work. They would just need to be able to do so in a way where said animal/child would never have the opportunity to disturb a coworker, and admittedly most modern offices I’ve worked at aren’t built for that kind of thing.

Back