Amazon Office II/SeaPAC | 1 Boston Wharf Rd. (Seaport Sq Parcel L5) | Seaport

This topped out yesterday.

WS Development Tops Out Boston Office Tower
One-Boston-Wharf-e1689586084263.png

“WS Development has topped out One Boston Wharf, a 707,000-square-foot office building in Boston. The developer began construction on the project in summer 2021, with delivery expected in 2024. Turner Construction serves as general contractor; Copenhagen-based Henning Larsencollaborated with Gensler for the development’s design.

Once completed, One Boston Wharf is expected to be the city’s largest net-zero carbon office building. The structure will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 90 percent compared to code requirements and will eliminate 5.1 million pounds of CO2 emissions each year.”

https://www.commercialsearch.com/news/ws-development-tops-out-boston-office-development/

This topped out yesterday.

WS Development Tops Out Boston Office Tower
One-Boston-Wharf-e1689586084263.png

“WS Development has topped out One Boston Wharf, a 707,000-square-foot office building in Boston. The developer began construction on the project in summer 2021, with delivery expected in 2024. Turner Construction serves as general contractor; Copenhagen-based Henning Larsencollaborated with Gensler for the development’s design.

Once completed, One Boston Wharf is expected to be the city’s largest net-zero carbon office building. The structure will reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than 90 percent compared to code requirements and will eliminate 5.1 million pounds of CO2 emissions each year.”

https://www.commercialsearch.com/news/ws-development-tops-out-boston-office-development/
I didn't realize this was net-zero development. Among that, SeaPAC, permanent job creation, and public realm improvements, this is the type of new development any other city would envy. Kudos to the development team!

I started looking at how massive this building is and how are they going to get people to come into the office, etc. Then I remembered Boston's failed bid for Amanzon's HQ2 - which turned out to be a good thing, and the whole thing was postponed, anyway. Imagine if that went through.

12/10

IMG_0409 by David Z, on Flickr

On your first shot, I couldn't help but notice the obnoxious Hunneman leasing sign on top of the Congress St building. I recall that it's been there forever, and after looking at Google Maps Streetview apparently that same sign has been there since AT LEAST AUGUST 2009, which is the earliest date you can go to.

Great shots of the rest of the project, though. The pyramidal shape visible from the steps looks great.

Best New Building of 2024.
- Refreshingly distinctive facade treatment.
- Extends the pedestrian spine of Harbor Way, including new public open space.
- Introduces state-of-the-art performing arts center to a neighborhood thirsty for new cultural spaces.
- Replaces a parking lot.
- Provides continuity to the street wall and urban fabric across multiple routes between Fort Point and Seaport.

Back