Apple Store Thread ][

Yeah, I have on pretty good authority that the new horendous wood door just added will be replaced to match the new Herculite door that will be added to the left-hand side. On another subject the new tenant is going to be a real snooze.

That would be a good assumption. I'm not at liberty to say. But it will certainly be an interesting neighbor for Apple.

Here's a new arial photo of the Apple Store, taken from the Prudential Center:

boylston_aerial_0321.jpg

^it has a skylightttt!!!

sorry, but im excited because i applied for a job there. im not holding my breath though, its notoriously difficult to be land a job with Apple.

Didn't realize that it juts out past the two adjacent buildings...

Last edited:
Didn't realize that it juts out passed the two adjacent buildings...

does it? or is that just scaffolding and such? I was under the impression that the facade would be flush with the neighbors'.

It is flush. My brother works for Shawmut and took me on a tour inside the building site over the Christmas break. I unfortunately broke my camera, and didn't take any pics, but I could probably get some from him, since they document their own progress pretty closely.

does it? or is that just scaffolding and such? I was under the impression that the facade would be flush with the neighbors'.

It will be flush with its neighbors. In typical Apple fashion, they're keeping its facade covered right up until its opening (think the cube in NYC).

On a related note, a friend who works at the Cambridgeside store told me about a week ago that the majority of the glass is up.

^it has a skylightttt!!!

Yes, it's centered over a big circular stairwell that will be the main connection between the three floors.

I originally posted this a year and a half ago on page seven, but it seems to have disappeared. Here it is again:

applestorebostonvf9.jpg

Here's a pic of the Apple Store boylston street, by me: little visible progress, but Apple usually hides the surprise 'till the end. The 5th avenue cube didn't look ready even 5 days before opening

IMG_1394.jpg

I drove by on Saturday and saw a palette of fairly large greenish glass panels at the construction site looking like they were being installed.

New pics in which you can catch glimpses of the glass where the arrows are pointing: so far, it looks stunning!

boylston_glass_0407_2.jpg

boylston_glass_0407_3.jpg

boylston_glass_0407_1.jpg

Back