archBoston Presidential Poll 2012

For whom will you be voting on Tuesday?

• Total voters
That's exactly the same reasoning white Democrats used during the post-reconstruction era to disenfranchise the black and low-income vote... So much for "all men are created equal",.

Low income still means you have a vote....... "all men are created equal"
People need to contribute into the system.

Instead we have 1/2 the population or possibly 75% milking the taxpayers with all these govt programs.

Instead we have 1/2 the population or possibly 75% milking the taxpayers with all these govt programs.

Your numbers are straight up wrong. Bank and Oil executives don't make up 50% of the population.

Last edited:
Your numbers are straight up wrong. Bank and Oil executives don't make up 50% of the population.

What are you, a public school teacher or something? I get the class envy crap and the obvious chip on your shoulder over your own inadequacies, but what the fuck is it with the incessant whining about those who have done better than you have? Romney pays no taxes(in your dreams chickenshit), evil oil execs, etc. If you got your 'holiday' wish and you could impose the full wrath of the Obama economic agenda on the 'rich', this country would crash and burn faster than a 747 laden with dynamite.

As someone who doesn't really have a major interest in the GOP ever seeing the light of day again, I hope you guys keep it up with that line of thinking.

Last edited:
I don't understand all these weird "people who don't pay one particular tax shouldn't have the right to vote" proposals come from- disenfranchising classes of people for political reasons sounds like opening to door to all sorts of abuses and to the end of any semblance of democratic governance. (If this is followed by "the United States is not a democracy it is a republic", please remember that the United States is not only a republic by design, but a democratic republic)

In any case, is someone voting for a candidate because they expect to receive benefits from the government really different from someone who votes for a candidate because they expect to receive a tax cut?

People who don't pay taxes or worse, live on the dole have no skin in the game. What do they care about fiscal cliffs or fiscal responsibility? They just want their free stuff. As Tocqueville said:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."

Well, it a good thing we don't live in a pure democracy then, eh?

I'd love to see your study about where "all the people who just want free stuff" are. I'm guessing it was conducted by Dick Morris with the same rigorous methods he used to predict the election?

In any case, is someone voting for a candidate because they expect to receive benefits from the government really different from someone who votes for a candidate because they expect to receive a tax cut?

YES........I do not support GOVT STIMILUS, BAILOUTS or GOVT HANDOUTS at this point in History.

A tax is a creation of a form of control. As they say maintain roads, Teachers/Fireman/Policeman/Cityworkers salaries.

But in the end..........When 60 or 70% of the working class is employed by the Government you have to wonder if the country lost it's SOUL for FREEDOM.

Chart of the Day........Govt Compensation surpasses Private Sector Compensation
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/01/chart-day-federal-government-pay-vs-private-sector-pay

I'd love to see your study about where "all the people who just want free stuff" are. I'm guessing it was conducted by Dick Morris with the same rigorous methods he used to predict the election?

Why else would people vote for that sleaze, seriously?

People who don't pay taxes or worse, live on the dole have no skin in the game. What do they care about fiscal cliffs or fiscal responsibility? They just want their free stuff. As Tocqueville said:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years."
Tocqueville also believed that the medieval French aristocracy was a model government, so I honestly don't care for applying his political opinions to the modern world. Of course, it helps my point that it's aristocratic thinking- and if there is any form of government that has proven itself to always be doomed as fundamental law, it's aristocracy.

Of course people who don't pay income tax have skin in the game. It's called "living in the country that's being governed". That should be enough.

When I am dictator, these arguments will not be an issue.

Arguing on the internet is the best use of anyone's time

Don't raise the debt ceiling to force the government to pay down the national debt regardless of what the tax code and rates are.

Say no to giving the executive office the authority to unilaterally raise the U.S. borrowing ceiling with no congressional oversight. That is a one way ticket to tyranny or Zimbabwe style inflation. The national broadcast media can't be bothered to mention this, so here is the story from a wire service.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/30/us-usa-fiscal-offer-idUSBRE8AT02C20121130

I love all the talk here about a one party state. All the little authoritarians on the internet always do a wonderful job of outing themselves in these kinds of discussions. True defenders of free speech, tolerance, and diversity, calling for the abolition of all dissent which they disagree with.

And really, TheRifleman linking to Mother Jones? What is this Bizarro world?

Last edited:
Republicans: people who openly embrace fascism and just like to be miserable assholes

Democrats: nice people with noble ideas who inadvertently support fascism

Politics in a nutshell.

Republicans: people who openly embrace fascism and just like to be miserable assholes

Democrats: nice people with noble ideas who inadvertently support fascism

Politics in a nutshell.

BostonUrbEx: Clearly confused.

Re: Arguing on the internet is the best use of anyone's time

I love all the talk here about a one party state. All the little authoritarians on the internet always do a wonderful job of outing themselves in these kinds of discussions. True defenders of free speech, tolerance, and diversity, calling for the abolition of all dissent which they disagree with.

Truer words have yet to be spoken in this thread.

I don't understand all these weird "people who don't pay one particular tax shouldn't have the right to vote" proposals come from- disenfranchising classes of people for political reasons sounds like opening to door to all sorts of abuses and to the end of any semblance of democratic governance. (If this is followed by "the United States is not a democracy it is a republic", please remember that the United States is not only a republic by design, but a democratic republic)

By that logic, the Republican party will not see another election victory considering that 8 out of the 10 states that have the largest percentage of people not paying taxes are Red States and the other two, are swing states.

http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2012/09/gop-states-have-most-people-who-dont-pay-income-taxes/

Let the Republican try to suppress votes. In the end, they will suppress voters who would be voting for them.

By that logic, the Republican party will not see another election victory considering that 8 out of the 10 states that have the largest percentage of people not paying taxes are Red States and the other two, are swing states.

http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2012/09/gop-states-have-most-people-who-dont-pay-income-taxes/

Let the Republican try to suppress votes. In the end, they will suppress voters who would be voting for them.

The Republican party is finished. We will see a 3rd party emerge in the
future similar to Republican party that values more of the (Ron Paul theory and truth on how we as people should read into the constitution)

The only problem is the Democrats will have bankrupted the nation by then.
Give us 2 years and we will be exactly where GREECE is at this point. The crisis will hit why OBAMA is in Office.

Back