Arsenal Yards | Arsenal Mall Redevelopment | Watertown

cden4

Reaction score
We have a 3 bedroom condo above us in the South End. It was occupied by owners, a couple with a young child, for a few years, but then they moved to Newton. Now they are renting it out to 3 20-something guys who work nearby and love to party every weekend. The previous owners also did not live there and rented it out to 3 20-something girls in grad school who also loved to party, one of which who puked on the front steps and passed out in the lobby at least once.

Sadly, I think that unless Boston can significantly improve the public schools, many 3 bedroom units will be occupied by 3 (or more) unrelated individuals rather than families.

Reaction score
We have a 3 bedroom condo above us in the South End. It was occupied by owners, a couple with a young child, for a few years, but then they moved to Newton. Now they are renting it out to 3 20-something guys who work nearby and love to party every weekend. The previous owners also did not live there and rented it out to 3 20-something girls in grad school who also loved to party, one of which who puked on the front steps and passed out in the lobby at least once.

Sadly, I think that unless Boston can significantly improve the public schools, many 3 bedroom units will be occupied by 3 (or more) unrelated individuals rather than families.
Off topic...I have a toddler above me and she’s loud ! I complain about it all the time. Is that a lot better than people in their 20s partying ? I think the answer is yes but would like your opinion.

cden4

Reaction score
Yes I think so because a toddler generally goes to bed at a regular hours. The partying 20-somethings are usually the most loud between 11 pm and 3 am. Not good if you're trying to sleep. Plus, kids are loud because they don't know any better. 20-somethings have full control over themselves. They just choose not to.

Czervik.Construction

Reaction score
Arkuda just closed a $44M Series A round and probably want to get as much bang for the buck before dipping their toes back in the capital markets.

FK4

Reaction score
Pretty impressed they got a biotech to leave Kendall for such a car centric area, even if it's not that far as the crow flies.
Would it ever be feasible to have a Green Line style trolley on Arsenal Street? I feel like this has been discussed on more appropriate threads way, way back, but it seems like an ideal road for a transit reservation... and it would instantly transform this whole area overnight.