Arsenal Yards | Arsenal Mall Redevelopment | Watertown

They had a moose head at that location that would randomly spout out jokes and stuff. I was like 10 when we first went and it was the greatest thing ever.

Totally remember that! I was a bit older than 10, but still loved it. LOL

Reactions: FK4
I remember that moose from work lunch during the dot-com boom, when I worked in Watertown Square.

Thank you for an uncomfortable flashback to my misspent youth

Reactions: FK4
Bugaboo Creek was literally my family's (well, us kids') favorite restaurant growing up. We dreamed of the appetizers for months between visits: chili-stuffed potatoes and mozarella sticks with pepperoni flecks in the cheese.

Bugaboo Creek was literally my family's (well, us kids') favorite restaurant growing up. We dreamed of the appetizers for months between visits: chili-stuffed potatoes and mozarella sticks with pepperoni flecks in the cheese.

Their BBQ Chicken Nachos were good! Yes, bbq sauce on nachos.

DAB19D58-5E7C-4283-A41A-20BBEF604030.jpeg
D54A7550-7ED5-4FD0-9243-3DA04F011E20.jpeg

Even just giving transit signal priority to the 70 (and upcoming 15-minute T70) would go a long way.

In an urban environment with lots of congestion, transit signal priority is not gonna do much. Watertown should be doing what Boston did on Columbus Ave on Arsenal - fastest way to provide better quality transit to this area.

I'd be more than happy to see dedicated lanes, but I'm not sure it's realistic, at least in the short term. Lanes either need to be added or converted. Maybe there'll be a chance when the office park goes up across the street.

Anecdotally, the 70 gets stuck waiting at red lights quite a bit, especially approaching the bridge from the west. It seems like TSP would help with that.

As far as I can tell, only the 70 travels on this stretch of road, and it'll becoming no more often than every 15 minutes, so it's not like TSP will be triggering constantly.

Erland Construction completes 28,900 s/f fit-out for Affini-T Therapeutics within Arsenal Yards in Watertown, MA
April 21, 2023 - Construction Design & Engineering
Erland-Affini-_TCN4107.jpg

“Watertown, MA Erland, in collaboration with SmithGroup and RJ Donovan Group, has completed a 28,900 s/f fit-out of Affini-T Therapeutics’ new headquarters at 100 Forge within Arsenal Yards. The biotechnology company, unlocking the power of T cells against oncogenic driver mutations, occupies the entire top two floors of the nine-story building, encompassing a total of 39,500 s/f. The new space includes open office areas, conference and huddle rooms, specialty labs, tissue culture and analytical suites, wellness areas, dining areas, and a private wraparound balcony with views of the downtown Boston skyline, Charles River, and Western Hills of Greater Boston.”
Erland-Affini-_TCN4120.jpg

“Erland constructed 100 Forge, the 185,000 s/f base building that Affini-T has moved into. The lab-ready facility includes one-level of below-grade parking and a one-story enclosed mechanical penthouse above the highest occupiable level. The fit-out required an extensive coordination effort to ensure that all the supply, exhaust, and return ductwork, as well as process utilities and electrical needed to support Affini-T’s operations, fit above the ceiling. Material and equipment deliveries were scheduled in advance and performed off hours when needed due to the concurrent construction activities taking place within 100 Forge…”

https://nerej.com/erland-construction-completes-28900sf-fitout-affini-t-therapeutics

Looking good! The more local examples there are of suburban strip mall retrofits the easier it will be to approve more in the future. Its nice to see the way things are changing.

Back