Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

Hey Partners employee here. Been lurking, just wanted to post to update you all that there will be a Mike's Pastries in the Partners building.

Hey Partners employee here. Been lurking, just wanted to post to update you all that there will be a Mike's Pastries in the Partners building.

Have u guys been told what will be your first day in the new building? I was told something like July 5th.

Have u guys been told what will be your first day in the new building? I was told something like July 5th.

Move starts in June with Schrafft Center employees (not sure of the exact date), and other locations move in over the course of the next year. We'll be moving into the bottom floors as the top floor interiors are still being constructed.

The partners building view Chelsea:
26298805872_a6696edf21_h.jpg

Steel is going up on the retail portion. Still working on the footings for the tower, about halfway done with the garage.
26346371851_375c114e8d_b.jpg

26320036992_8ce0563374_b.jpg

The park between Partners and I rest of the Row is coming together. I assume they want it done when Partners opens. (Sorry for the shitty cell-phone zoom.)
26346249971_8d453b8db2_b.jpg

Cranes for the residential tower are getting assembled. Garage is almost done. First floor of the low rise section is almost done. Across the street, the hotel's foundation is about to be poured. In the distance, Partners is wrapping up.

26316585564_2cfe44527f_b.jpg

Looks like they are also working on completing the "row" to Partners, with the other parcels to get filled in later. Likely to create a feeling of commercial connectivity for all the businesses that will come online next year. Does that seem right?

Looks like they are also working on completing the "row" to Partners, with the other parcels to get filled in later. Likely to create a feeling of commercial connectivity for all the businesses that will come online next year. Does that seem right?

Yeah, it's supposed to open at the same time as partners. As to whether it's going to have retail pavilions in the park is up in the air, might be a second phase. So far Mikes Pastry is all that's confirmed to be going into Partners.

Partners got some large, very visible signage on their office building. I'll try to get a picture next time I'm over there. It's easily legible from Charlestown.

AmFolkLeg--Send it to Gensler and Jeff Immelt -- Charlestown might not be Mars -- but its a fair distance from Assembly Sq.

;)

Back