Assembly Square Infill and Small Developments | Somerville

The ceremonial dirt thing looks more bizarre than usual in that image.

Such a weird tradition. Anyone know when the ceremonial groundbreaking first became a phony pile of dirt?

Nice wetland in the lower left. I wish this project could have built in some sort of greenway/wetland within the development. (I assume this whole area was once marsh).

We got record rains on Monday and this pic was taken on Wednesday. There's a good chance that's a puddle.

We got record rains on Monday and this pic was taken on Wednesday. There's a good chance that's a puddle.

Ha. I was being facetious.

But, I do recall a couple years back there being a semi-permament wetland with cattails somewhere in the parking lots, when the beer garden was still a tent. I havent been there in a long time, but I think it got filled in, and it probably was just a drainage feature anyway.

Ruth Chris Steak House going into ground floor of Partners Building. This says something about the transformation of Slummerville!

Ruth Chris Steak House going into ground floor of Partners Building. This says something about the transformation of Slummerville!

Floors in triple deckers cost over 500k in Somerville! It's far from Slummerville.

Floors in triple deckers cost over 500k in Somerville! It's far from Slummerville.

That's been true for a decade. Try over $1 million for my upstairs neighbor! (a 2-family, not a triple decker to be fair)

damn skippy. my top floor (three floors, but not the traditional triple-decker look) tiny-ass condo -- *not* in a particularly desirable neighborhood in somerville -- has more than doubled in value in the 8 years i've been here and is valued by all estimates as well above $500g (which is really shouldn't be).

this joint hasn't been "slummerville" since the '80s and sure as hell isn't nowadays.

That's been true for a decade. Try over $1 million for my upstairs neighbor! (a 2-family, not a triple decker to be fair)

Well Davis is the most expensive part of Somerville!

Though Winter Hill will look the same with the Green Line coming in.

The belovedly named XMBLY is going to be another great addition as well.

fit

You can see parcel 8 and Puma aligned correctly.
Xmbly.png

wt3flaDFx_nMMHd2azyNFvFRl0U8ci28OVKNpH1dmnIKbqoLortXgl_Tu-TEQpIRZa5qBFSBulhocod7tIhQkqMadb00RlO4drJvZbzSaDMIw1Us7eQ05Sj_X40Sp52Tar0HIAcz

fltpC3uaBkRHexRP-xe3fOPHItY-5nqScugCZltfN4SYxVeJ0-KhGb1D-cJCqBDGz4dapEk-ARj1CU7zN_vdMipIb5tjDn3AlWY483hlNuTDXkeMgiGxj2zSWkkAy81Jhtyrx-Iy

2018-0604-Rendering.jpg

Aj8rr83h.png

Hey, I'm doing a project on TOD in Boston for school and wanted to know who made these maps, I'd love to use them in a presentation if I can get permission from the authors. Thanks!

Edit: Also, which parcel(s) made up the "9.3-acre Yard 21" that was sold by MBTA to Somerville in 2000? Based on old aerial photos of the factory it looks like the present Partners building, but I'm not 100% sure and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Hey, I'm doing a project on TOD in Boston for school and wanted to know who made these maps, I'd love to use them in a presentation if I can get permission from the authors. Thanks!

Edit: Also, which parcel(s) made up the "9.3-acre Yard 21" that was sold by MBTA to Somerville in 2000? Based on old aerial photos of the factory it looks like the present Partners building, but I'm not 100% sure and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

To find the source try digging into the Somerville city site.

In Boston it's easy, just go to the BDPA site.

Spagnolo Gisness & Associates (SGA).

https://www.bldup.com/projects/5-middlesex-avenue

When I went by yesterday, Site 5B (Puma), 7A and/or 7B and 8 appeared to have active construction. Any updates on 7A, 7B and 8?

Up thread (#2105) see foundation work progressing on parcel 8.

Back