Atlantic Wharf (née Russia Wharf) | Atlantic Ave | Waterfront

Re: Atlantic Wharf (formerly Russia Wharf)

The absence of spires is not the issue.

Boston just needs a few of these:
2369_3_Beekman4big.jpg

That building is not something that Boston should be emulating. It is just another flat toped box. The wavy bays are also only on 3 sides leaving the fourth side bare and monstrously sterile. If you thought the black wall on 45 Province st was bad... This building needed a spire or a setback too.

What's up Jeanne Gang?

That building is not something that Boston should be emulating. It is just another flat toped box. The wavy bays are also only on 3 sides leaving the fourth side bare and monstrously sterile. If you thought the black wall on 45 Province st was bad... This building needed a spire or a setback too.

That's just the point -- a building can soar without a spire.

Beekman is awesome, the flat sides just make it seem even more professional imo. Having it all round on all sides is too far of a departure from the typical boxy Manhattan style. Anyway, one of my favorite US skyscrapers.

Beekman is in no way just another flat topped box, boxes dont have multiple setbacks, different floor plans on every floor, or have eight sides. This building would look dumb with a spire and the flat roof goes with the roofs of the setbacks.

Beekman is in no way just another flat topped box, boxes dont have multiple setbacks, different floor plans on every floor, or have eight sides. This building would look dumb with a spire and the flat roof goes with the roofs of the setbacks.

You don't live near it and have to look at it every day.

If you thought the black wall on 45 Province st was bad...

Come on, it is nowhere near as bad as the black wall... for one it never approaches the godawful mess of 45 P's west face.

Sure it pales in comparison to the other sides, but I think it could stand on its own as being better than 90% of the stuff put up in NYC or Boston recently.

^Not even a question, in the same manner as the BU Law Tower.

Is there a website up for the residential component yet?

Is there a website up for the residential component yet?

I'll estimate the "residential component" capacity at a maximum of 100 residents at any given time (somewhere around 60 units).

I'll estimate the "office component" at 7,500 office workers (somewhere around 500k - 750k square feet.

In warmer months, the 7,500 office occupants will enjoy the Rose Kennedy Greenway at lunch, Monday through Friday. The one hundred residents will own the world's largest front yard on nights and weekends.

It's truly a masterwork of planning.

I am not aware of a website for the 60 unit residential piece.

may have been stated in earlier in the thread. But a friend of mine who is a portfolio manager for Mellon said that A.Wharf will be his new work digs.

^those pictures are almost too good to be true. All of them look great for not only the building but the area. The colors in your picture seem a lot more lively than a lot of the other pictures, any reason for that?

Yeah, I cheated just a little bit. :3

I thought the pictures were pretty decent before. But now I'm addicted to Flickr's Picnik tool and couldn't resist.

Haha, I know what you mean, I'm the same with Picasa. Really nice shots, though. I like it when photos are flattering, helps maintain my little idealistic world view.

Back