AVA North Point II | Archtone phase II | East Cambridge

^ Do they really think that aesthetic is going to attract people out of Boston?

North point, and east Cambridge / lechmere more broadly, need to figure out whether it's going to be an extended part of the core, or alewife on the charles. Cuz this looks like outer-metro tod infill...

North point, and east Cambridge / lechmere more broadly, need to figure out whether it's going to be an extended part of the core, or alewife on the charles. Cuz this looks like outer-metro tod infill...

I would be disappointed in this if it were out on the Orange Line in Roxbury (as in lower rental prices)! North Point deserves better. I thought AVA was supposed to be their hip, urban brand?

There is such a difference in materials from Phase I and Phase II. The lower portion looks like wet cardboard and the brick has no texture. It looks as if you could push in the windows with your hand. The brick is thicker than the bottom panels and juts out with no border. No simple ornamentation around the windows or a cornice on the roof. Since this is my neighbor I was hoping for a nicer product. I feel bad for persons who bought a condo in Tango or Sierra that faces this building. I am hoping that maybe they spent more money on the inside finishes. They are going to charge premium rents I am sure.

It looks very cheaply made. At least the area is getting developed, but what a slipshod pile of crap.

I don't want to sound like a cheerleader for this project, as I am displeased that it differed so much from the final proposals they presented to S+T owners.

However...

It was literally a tow lot before this. With garbage. And old, rusting steel. And plastic barrels that rolled around during storms. It was horrid.

Unless this AVA literally falls apart, at least it can't be worse than was that. Yes, that is a shamefully low bar...

As Tango said (yesterday/2329hrs), I know owners who lament what they're seeing now. But every one of them ends their complaints with something like "at least it's better than what it was".

How are condo resales doing over there? And are condo fees reasonable?

There is such a difference in materials from Phase I and Phase II. The lower portion looks like wet cardboard and the brick has no texture. It looks as if you could push in the windows with your hand. The brick is thicker than the bottom panels and juts out with no border. No simple ornamentation around the windows or a cornice on the roof. Since this is my neighbor I was hoping for a nicer product. I feel bad for persons who bought a condo in Tango or Sierra that faces this building. I am hoping that maybe they spent more money on the inside finishes. They are going to charge premium rents I am sure.

How are condo resales doing over there? And are condo fees reasonable?

The condos for sale do not stay on the market for very long and prices have been increasing every year. The condo fees are reasonable since Sierra and Tango do not have a pool, rooftop deck, exercise area or other extras that can potentially increase fees. We have a 24-hour concierge and indoor parking that can be rented or purchased.

Future resident quote, "Wow, lots of noise from the street and my neighbors. I figured a brick building would be more solid"

Zero f*cks given.

"...Up on Housing Project Hill, it's either fortune or fame;
You must pick one or the other, though neither of them are to be what they claim."

Bob Dylan - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

You would never guess that is a wood structure.

I agree. I would have loved more edginess using some grey or black brick but the project presents better in person than expected (admittedly not from all angles).

I’m not sure if there’s anyone there yet. Leases should have begun on some first and second floor units on 5 January. And on Wednesday night I saw some folks studying in the lobby. But I haven’t seen anyone actually in a unit yet, even though we have been able to walk around the south building for a week.

Confirmed: people are living in AVA (south building) ... not many, but some rooms are decorated and folks are using the gym.

The parking garage ingress/egress is literally barricaded, though (as of tonight): not sure what happened there - a few residents parked on the street.

Back