Avalon Exeter | 77 Exeter Street | Back Bay

Re: Avalon Exeter (formerly New Tower(s) Planned For Prudential Center)

Its a sleeper-scraper

Discussion tends to follow complaints.

That's true, I never really thought about that. It explains why 120 Kingston gets so much discussion while this is mostly ignored. It's because that one turning out pretty well (at least so far) has surprised most of us, while this one was supposed to be solid, and is solid. No true complaints here.

However, I would like to see more pics of this building. Unfortunately my camera is kind of busted (still works, just looks dirty). That's what I mean as much as anything about being ignored. It has grown a bunch of floors in the last 2 weeks and we need more documentation!

This building sucks ass and should never have been even considered for this spot ruining the view of those red, world renowned, 1920s masterpiece Art deco midrises right next door. Na really tho this thing has always looked good in renders and looks good now so its actually meeting expectations exactly as we expected the whole time.

Ha. I started reading this and was thinking you have lost your mind. I see the joke is on me! I agree that this building is meeting expectations.

This building sucks ass and should never have been even considered for this spot ruining the view of those red, world renowned, 1920s masterpiece Art deco midrises right next door. Na really tho this thing has always looked good in renders and looks good now so its actually meeting expectations exactly as we expected the whole time.

I appreciate that they worked the joints into the design. Why is this so rare?

Looking great.

I had a thought while walking down Boylston today and looking up at this tower, and then realized it hasn't been discussed on here yet (at least I don't think it has)...

Replace Lord & Taylor with a skyscraper!

Discuss.

I had a thought while walking down Boylston today and looking up at this tower, and then realized it hasn't been discussed on here yet (at least I don't think it has)...

Discuss.

please???

Does Prudential have any plans for buildings beyond 888 Boylston (just west of Lord&Taylor)? I thought Exeter was advertised as the last major component of the Prudential Center.

Discuss.

When I was adding potential developments into Google Earth for the future skyline thread, it was pretty apparent to me that a large building in between the Prudential and Hancock would work wonders aesthetically. This site lies almost exactly between those two, and a skyscraper on top would certainly be a better/more sustainable/urban minded use for it.

Can't have shadows on Newbury st

You could theoretically move Lord & Taylor into the retail space at 888 when it is developed which would free up that corner for development

9677739768_8efb904e1c_b.jpg

9674508875_700d5f1666_b.jpg

9677737032_eb377eb3f5_b.jpg

9677736064_6402f9a7c0_b.jpg

9674505173_bb05a6db70_b.jpg

This development looks really, really nice. Loving the subtle angles up top.
Seems like we're on the last or second-to-last level of steel.

If I had more patience I'd find the posts on AB regarding the proposal to built on top of L&T. Wasn't Jordan's Furniture involved in some way?

I bet you could fit a slim, tallish building on the L&T site and have it set back from the road as well as spaced properly from the surrounding buildings.

today

Back