AvalonBay Tower (Jacob Wirth's) | 45 Stuart Street | Downtown

Homage to the past.

_PUNCHCD.GIF

AvalonBay released their third quarter earnings on Monday. Looks like this building is filling up and rents are dropping:

Last quarter (as of 6/30/15): 45.7% complete, 37.2% leased, 14.6% occupied. Average rents of $4025.
This quarter (as of 9/30/15): 83.4% complete, 55.0% leased, 47.7% occupied. Average rents of $3845.

Completion is still expected this quarter (Q4 2015) but the first quarter of fully stabilized operations has been pushed back to Q3 2016 from Q2 2016.

Homage to the red light district?

Don't know what time the photos were taken, but looks like a lot of empty units. Maybe they'll start hourly rentals.

Homage to the red light district?

Don't know what time the photos were taken, but looks like a lot of empty units. Maybe they'll start hourly rentals.

Agree looks empty...although the Devonshire is old and always looks empty as well.

Another building that always looks empty is the newest white north point building...is it all a sham? Are all these brand new buildings empty?

Agree looks empty...although the Devonshire is old and always looks empty as well.

Another building that always looks empty is the newest white north point building...is it all a sham? Are all these brand new buildings empty?

Certainly for some fraction of the units in these "luxury" buildings, these are pied-à-terres, second or even third residences. The renters are not always en résidence.

The last time I checked the Twenty/20 Building at NorthPoint (large white building) was at 30% occupancy.

The last time I checked the Twenty/20 Building at NorthPoint (large white building) was at 30% occupancy.

Twenty|20 was at 40% before their holiday party for S+T/Twenty|20 residents. But it was slow going. Zinc out rented them in the first months, and Twenty|20's response to reach pricing was turning on/off various rooms' lights nightly to create the impression of occupation. Finally, in October they cut prices (I signed up for everything when they opened so I could tour - but now I tutor some folks there so I get regular "status updates").

Gotta say I like this lobby and its blue light contrasting against the neighboring masonry.

39736340301_31f5bfb947_b.jpg

It's not always blue. Sometimes I think its too jarring for my taste and other times I like it. At night its fairly cool

Wait, wut?????? Jacob Wirth is going to come back???????

I had no idea - - this is great!!!!!!!

Back