Back Bay Garage Tower | Dartmouth and Stuart | Back Bay

odurandina

Reaction score
Like the BU computer bldg: so lately Boston--someone said, hey let's do something really different and have that be THE THING. Who cares if it's actually good or not. From the inside, we know it will be very nice. Then, not so much for the people outside the building who have to look at it.
I think the developer's best bet is to build the foundations for everything + the residential. By the time that happens, they will have found a tenant, or they can either sell the unfinished office foundation off.
Mostly, like Mr. Laffer says, nothing's getting built--so, there's no need to fuss over it too much.

KentXie

Reaction score
I wonder how some of these architects got a job. My hope is if these get built that they get torn down 30 years later because they are awful lackluster designs. A 2010s version of the West End towers.

stick n move

Reaction score
Thats why I cant believe these have stayed the same this entire time. Literally everything goes through multiple different iterations on the journey towards approval, but the project that needs change the most not an inch of movement. Theyll be changed though soon enough.... right??

HarvardP

Reaction score
Raffles will be welcoming guests before the last meeting that dooms this project even occurs.

Life Coach Mike

Reaction score
Enough already with weirdly stacked blocks that appear to be tipping over. One in the entire region (BU) is enough. It will loom over the Copley Plaza, clash with the gems surround Copley Sq., unnecessarily call attention to itself, and do little to distract from the stultifying mass of the Westin and Copley Plaza. Better to leave everything as is until an appropriately beautiful and useful development is actually ready to be built, IMO. I agree that something dramatic needs to be done about the planning process in City Hall.

odurandina

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the putrid stacking of the office floors reflects the VE challenge/s of creating x net sq ft vs no additional shadow/s over Trinity Church/Meeting House/Copley Sq vs limited terra firma for piles/columns? How much of this project is over the I90 freeway & train tracks?