Back Bay Garage Tower | Dartmouth and Stuart | Back Bay

Re: Back Bay Garage Tower (Dartmouth and Stuart)

Could the mods please move this to the current thread?

Glass curtain wall tower directly across the street from the most iconic (and glass curtain walled) tower in Boston is a ballsy move.

Glass curtain wall tower directly across the street from the most iconic (and glass curtain walled) tower in Boston is a ballsy move.

Yea but this glass wall appears to be more engaging than the Hancock, which is about as bad as it gets when it comes to ground-level interaction.

That sky lobby looks especially cool.

The whole package, LIKE...a lot!!

The "three season roof terrace" looks predictably half-assed. I was hoping for a Salon de Ning type design based on the description as opposed to a few tables on a balcony.

The only thing that looks different from the original renderings is the color.

I'm a bit annoyed at the color change, because to me it's what separated this development visually from the Hancock. I fear they're going to blend too much now.

The DPIR is up for this: http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...cs/40 Trinity Place/40 Trinity Place_DPIR.pdf

There was a significant change in the new design:

dywk.jpg

ajzb.jpg

w1os.jpg

gm5p.jpg

sxyh.jpg

k68q.jpg

u0uy.jpg

g51u.jpg

10 MORE FLOORS, 10 MORE FLOORS

So this is just slightly taller than the Clarendon?

Eh it's fine...nothing great, nothing awful. I do like how the renderings show the glass in a realistic color e.g. not a pure transparent white that never comes to pass. The Copley perspective shows the roofline angling upwards in an apparent nod to the Hancock, and I want to like that but it looks pretty half-assed.

I like that they include the Neiman's tower in the renderings...if anything ever actually moves forward with that giant parking garage, this could improve a pretty dead corner of a very lively area.

In that rendering it has the Simon tower ... and is that Exeter Residences next to that?

10 MORE FLOORS, 10 MORE FLOORS

I would agree. Another 8-12 floors would really go a long way to making the tower stand out a bit more. Ideally this thing would be taller than the Claredon and the hotel towers in the area.

Not bad, it does the job even though I don't see why it couldn't be another 10 floors as well. I would think they could sell the units.

Did anyone notice in the 6th picture that the bar area is somehow taller than the JHT? How'd they do that?

Did anyone notice in the 6th picture that the bar area is somehow taller than the JHT? How'd they do that?

YES! I was going to comment on that too!

I think it's a pretty nice looking tower. Glad they added 25'. Think they should add another 50-100' on top of that but at least projects seem to be getting bigger nowadays rather than the old way. (propose 375' beauty, end up with 150' of crap)

I haven't been able to look at the DPIR yet (on the train) but they added 25'? That would make this 425' IIRC.

Agreed with those wanting more floors. I have no doubt they would fill easily.

I haven't been able to look at the DPIR yet (on the train) but they added 25'? That would make this 425' IIRC.

Agreed with those wanting more floors. I have no doubt they would fill easily.

No they added 25' from the original 375' proposal.

Back