Bartlett Yards | 2505-2565 Washington Street | Roxbury

It's interesting how much nicer the MPNDC developments at Whittier Choice + Madison Park look than Bartlett. They've also moved faster. Wonder what there is to be learned.

10/13:

Building F2 (28 units)

Building F4 (37 units) F5 (44 units)

Edit: I could have sworn I previously read somewhere that it was F2 and F4 that were under construction, but according to the Planning Department it's actually F2 and F5 that are going up. Based on the map that Stick n Move posted in the previous page, F5 makes more sense as the one being developed.

Last edited:
Overall, this whole site has been a big disappointment. I dont know why even a modicum of effort couldn't have been made by the city to make these buildings not look as utterly cheap as they do. This was a giant piece of land right next to a major commercial district, tabula rasa, and somehow they couldn't do any better than this? Sad.

Overall, this whole site has been a big disappointment. I dont know why even a modicum of effort couldn't have been made by the city to make these buildings not look as utterly cheap as they do. This was a giant piece of land right next to a major commercial district, tabula rasa, and somehow they couldn't do any better than this? Sad.
This is exactly what those Boston Sewer lots will look like in a few years.

Image.jpg
Image 10-15-24 at 8.41 AM.jpg

Bartlett

Thanks for the pic! To add to the mix, Boston City Archives has a bunch of photos of the original construction of the Elevated and Guild St. Carhouse at Bartlett station:

Construction of the Elevated, looking northeast on Washington Street; Bartlett Station on left

Construction of Guild St. Carhouse (right) and Rail Crossover (center), from near Guild Street and Lambert Avenue, looking southeast toward Washington Street and rears of houses on Alpine Street

Construction of Guild St. Carhouse and Rail Crossover from near Washington Street, looking northwest towards Guild Street

Completed Carhouse

Wow awesome historic photos. Its shame there couldnt have been an more innovative redevelopment that integrated some of the historic buildings. This site plan and architecture are so snooze.

Back