BCEC expansion | Seaport

I am digging the fences that surround this entire thing! They really make it feel like this park is part of the community. They really get my creative juices flowing, y'know?

Should've been built in Foxboro.

Reverse drink!!!!!

Will people actually use this park?

Will people actually use this park?

There are always people using this park. 100's at a time infact. Seems they have something going every night of the week. Bands, DJs, etc. I can't believe how popular it's become in such a short time.

I was actually IN the park for the first time 2 weekends ago. I was very impressed. Looking forward to next summer.

I am digging the fences that surround this entire thing! They really make it feel like this park is part of the community. They really get my creative juices flowing, y'know?

Fences are a condition of being able to serve alcohol. Same as restaurants with outdoor seating. Probably a law that should be changed due to pure uselessness.

Fences also ensure that children are contained and don't run into the street.

For what it's worth, the Public Garden is also fenced in, and there's no argument about its success.

There are always people using this park. 100's at a time infact. Seems they have something going every night of the week. Bands, DJs, etc. I can't believe how popular it's become in such a short time.

I was actually IN the park for the first time 2 weekends ago. I was very impressed. Looking forward to next summer.

Agreed. I caught the Patriots opener there and it was packed. Was a good mix of Southie natives and yuppies. Convention-goers also seem to stumble upon it after hours.

I think the only downside is that you need to walk into the BCEC to use the restroom but I guess I would prefer that to porta potties.

Can we not call things SoWa and SoBo? That sounds dumb and we are only imitating New York. Why do we feel the need to constantly try to be like New York cant we just embrace that Boston is a great city in its own right.

Can we not call things SoWa and SoBo? That sounds dumb and we are only imitating New York. Why do we feel the need to constantly try to be like New York cant we just embrace that Boston is a great city in its own right.

Complain to the realtors...

Realtors are the only people who call DTX "midtown", they can be the only ones who call it "SoWa" and "SoBo" too...

Does anyone know where google maps gets its neighborhood names from? At certain zoom levels, it shows neighborhood names that just dont exist - I noticed it first with Brookline, with all sorts of ridiculous names for nonexistant 'hoods. I assumed that they had some connection to local real estate companies, which could be the only source of these absurd fictions, but does anyone know the answer to this?

Back