Biking in Boston

I think it's taking them just as long to build the Oak Grove bike cage as it took to build the Wonderland Parking Garage.

I think it's taking them just as long to build the Oak Grove bike cage as it took to build the Wonderland Parking Garage.

Yup, I believe all of them were scheduled for summer 2012 at the latest.

...I think theyre even using stimulus money.

For those who dont recall, stimulus money was handed out FOUR YEARS AGO for shovel ready projects

Shoutout for dshoost who biked the Boston Marathon there and back (Brighton-Hopkington-Boston | Total 52.18mi) this morning at midnight! =)

Thanks for the shoutout, datadyne. The bike ride was awesome--I really wanted to take a photo for this thread of the hundred cyclists I saw stopped at a red light in Natick last night, pretty unbelievable. Here's the photo from our 2AM this morning (I'm in the red sweatshirt).

XwyW5OI.jpg

Such a different seen right now, it's a real tragedy. Really hope everyone on here and your loved ones are okay.

Shoutout for dshoost who biked the Boston Marathon there and back (Brighton-Hopkington-Boston | Total 52.18mi) this morning at midnight! =)

Wow! Both ways! I was considering the train ride out and cycling in, but I haven't been on my bike since the fall and I had work today. That's amazing though, I probably would not be able to do both ways. Nice job, Dshoost!

No Ron Newman?

LOL. Truly shocking if not!

Nope, I thought about doing this ride, but didn't. Maybe next year ... if there is one next year.

Another sucker (Seattle) has signed a bike share contract with Alta. The promise? Spring 2014. Yeah, right.

They STILL haven't finished installing all the stations removed for winter, and its almost May! never mind the stations they said wed get last summer they never got around to.

Another sucker (Seattle) has signed a bike share contract with Alta. The promise? Spring 2014. Yeah, right.

They STILL haven't finished installing all the stations removed for winter, and its almost May! never mind the stations they said wed get last summer they never got around to.

Out of curiosity is there another, better urban bike share company they could have gone with? Or does Alta have no competition?

May be late to the party, but I see a few big gaps in the station layout: nothing in Copley, nothing in Northeastern/MFA, nothing at Inman and nothing at Porter. All major pedestrian hubs--and with Inman not having a T stop I'd think it would be a priority for bike share access. How else are tourists going to get their Christina's Ice Cream? Car?! Don't be crazy.

My b. I see there is one at Inman. I now replace that complaint with this one: Washington Square.

Copley is deactivated for what should be obvious reasons. I think Allston has a big gap, maybe they'll reconsider with the bike lane being painted on Brighton Avenue.

the Inman Square Hubway is right at the Somerville line, in that plaza on Hampshire Street.

By 'Washington Square' do you mean the corner of Washington and Beacon in Somerville? That's got a Hubway station too.

Back