Blackstone buildings in line for ground floor rehabs.

Well, it is pretty damn pretty.

Imagine, for a minute, that the glass wasn't there, and the lobby was completely open. Had to either swipe a card or call like an apartment for an elevator to bring you to the 'real' lobby. Then let the space on the ground floor be rented to street vendors and the like.

All this white marble feels so damn corporate. I know, I know.. corporate feel for a corporate concern.

Say what you will about the design excesses of the eighties, but the lobby of One Post Office Square, bedecked in glitzy rose-colored marble, had an almost Rococo-like feeling about it, and it was easily one of my favorite lobbies in the city. Now, this new stuff is about as exciting as a slice of white bread.

225 Franklin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/3410429052/

3410429052_bbd0c217bc.jpg

today don't mind the green windows,like if they re skinned the building though
385-1.jpg

Is One Federal a Blackstone building? today>
017-20.jpg
020-16.jpg
rendering>
028-13.jpg
the progress so far>
025-11.jpg
027-18.jpg

Huge improvement, but what an odd design to begin with. Imagine being one of the people working in that check processing area with not the slightest sliver of natural light? Talk about depressing.

yeah I always thought they should cut off this section and build another highrise,then again re lucky they did'nt fill the entire block with what they built ,that would have been a wide tower!

Back