Boston College Master Plan

Maybe the field level is below ground?

I believe BC has had drainage problems in that part of the campus, so going below grade would probably require constant de-watering.

DMdH_ziUIAAuPOU.jpg

Holy Cross, height to bottom of trusses unknown, but those are actual players lined up. Jeez, those are huge trusses.

image.jpg

Virginia Tech height to bottom of trusses is 86 feet

bryant_builds_indoor_practice_large_top.jpg

Bryant height to bottom of trusses 38 feet

BCrendering.0.jpg

Boston College, supposedly 65 feet

This part of the BC campus is literally build on an infilled reservoir so it's not too surprising they have flood issues. The field house actually has a big under ground stormwater system (It's in the pnf, but you have to track it down http://www.bostonplans.org/getattachment/c6b47157-e4ad-4f72-a402-653b56760850 ) so it should be helping with that.

I believe BC has had drainage problems in that part of the campus, so going below grade would probably require constant de-watering.

DMdH_ziUIAAuPOU.jpg

Holy Cross, height to bottom of trusses unknown, but those are actual players lined up. Jeez, those are huge trusses.

image.jpg

Virginia Tech height to bottom of trusses is 86 feet

bryant_builds_indoor_practice_large_top.jpg

Bryant height to bottom of trusses 38 feet

BCrendering.0.jpg

Boston College, supposedly 65 feet

Center of the field will allow for punting.

cca

Man, the advent of high-quality artificial turf over the last 10-15 year is such an unsung revolution and has made so many facilities like this so much nice than they otherwise would be.

Lack of dirt infield makes the purists cringe.

I am cringing.

cca

I know there are advantages, but I think the fact that we've replaced grass with plastic pretend grass says a lot about who we are.

Back