Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Re: New Balance Complex

I love NB and clearly a lot of other people do...but I'd love to see them develop a real flagship store downtown

i think they are

It's in the New Retail thread but there is a plan in the works to build something akin to the Niketown also in Back Bay

awesome! I hope it's up and running next time I get back to town

Re: New Brighton Landing | New Balance Complex

Elkus is on cloud 9 right now. Definitely the top Boston architecture firm.

e3f614_032112newbalance.jpg

"And, in a show of true athletic prowess, we're going to dock a cruise ship on this landlocked parcel!"

e3f614_032112newbalance.jpg

"And, in a show of true athletic prowess, we're going to dock a cruise ship on this landlocked parcel!"

I had the same reaction, lol. Those red mech spaces on the roof really enhance the cruise ship feel too.

I love it, but it looks like they ripped off that attrocious cornucopia Boston Museum design...but made it good.

I like it. The site plan looks good. no giant parks but green space that is functionally between buildings a likely to be used by people on a nice day when they are hanging outside of a sports complex. I also think this level of activity, office and commercial in the neighborhood will do wonders to breathe in more life to brighton center, which already has some nice spots. It just helps Brighton become a more desirable and accessible alternative, which would catalyze more infill in the neighborhood.

I really hope they reach an agreement on the CR stop as well. It would do wonders for the development and people in the area.

That render shows what seems to be an unrealistic amount of high-end street life for that area. Not a huge issue, but it makes it look like a CBD.

I notice on Google Maps that WEEI is headquartered right there these days. Are they a part of this? They might be interested in working their operation in somehow - an open studio, perhaps, a la ESPNZone in NY?

In fact, if NB and Boston get really serious about this, they could try to buy some of those parcels along N. Beacon street and get Kraft to build his soccer stadium there. Rail and highway access, a major athletics company world HQ, a sports complex with an MLS stadium (and concerts, etc.), a high-end hotel AND a major sports media presence would make this the kind of entertainment hub we've long believed would be great next to the Garden.

The Boston Skating Club's new location, with multi skating surfaces, will be diagonally across the Turnpike, at the corner of Lincoln and Everett streets.

What an awesome development. It's a perfect shot in the arm to what could be a fantastic new neighborhood.

DAMN. What a fascinating complement to the nearby WGBH studio and its similar, sort of motion-inspired architecture. Like a contemporary version of the stuff Erich Mendelssohn was trying to pull off in Weimar Germany.

I'm sort of confused as to how this is all going to relate to the current HQ, though...

It's also somewhat unfortunate that the tower portion doesn't match the verve of the "cruise ship".

That and the fact that the T doesn't quite have the aerodynamic locomotives depicted in the render...

^ You mean like these? :

6a0105367f07d8970b0147e261b74b970b-pi

The replacement locomotive stock.

Back