Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Was in the area this morning and snapped a few photos:

IMG_20191127_095704191.jpg

IMG_20191127_073351368.jpg
IMG_20191127_073353685.jpg
IMG_20191127_095655143.jpg
IMG_20191127_095649324.jpg

Its both, the performance venue is a part of the track and field center.

Boston Landing Is Getting a Huge Indoor Track Facility and Concert Venue”
boston-landing-track.jpg

Link

I know there will be separate spaces, but who wants to rent an indoor track for corporate events? Usually, ends up badly. I worked at a company where we rented AT&T stadium and tons of former high school football heroes pulled muscles and sprained ligaments. Another time we rented F1 on that South Shore and road rage ensued and a colleague ran me into a wall. Not fun.

Heres an indoor render

090816wellescrowther002.jpg

Also heres an interesting quote:

“We would get the residential up and running, and we would get the Celtics up and running, and we’d get those buildings and (the arena) permanently financed, and then we would turn our attention to the track and field and probably the hotel,” Halliday said. Link

Thats the order it has gone in so far, so hopefully that means after this gets built the hotel is next.

Also the track is going to be on the 3rd floor, which leaves a lot of room for the other things included like the sports lab, concert venue, basketball courts, retail..etc. Im sure the performance venue will have its own entrance at ground level and be its own separate entity from the sports complex or lab/retail.
Screen-Shot-2019-04-02-at-10.10.26-AM-1024x576.png

Link

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the concert venue will be named? Apologies if I missed this

I suspect that a raised crosswalk is coming.

They shouldn't have painted the street in that case. It implies a crossing that the disabled can't use, and it's not like the paint is required to build the raised crossing.

Great Pix by all the photogs amongst us -- I've only been on the ground out there a couple of times at WGBH none since the Bruins and Celtics facilities were completed

Its a Great development!

and just a hunch -- I bet someone could build a 300m [aka 1000 ft]*1 tower out here -- no danger with interfering with radar or return to airfield runway right of way

*1 well 984.252 if you really want to know

Back