Boston Life Science Center - Blackfan Circle

that picture, with those shitass boats.

eeeeek mercurys! i have a good idea! drown them! DROWN THEM ALL!

kennedy said:
that picture, with those shitass boats.

eeeeek mercurys! i have a good idea! drown them! DROWN THEM ALL!

Been drinking have we?

Hey buddy I learned to sail in those very Mercurys, on that very stretch of river.

DSC_3593.jpg

From Wentworth's Campus

Yeah, I probably walked about 10 miles through downtown, Cambridge, Charlestown, and the South End... My legs hurt.

Yeah I did 12+ miles in Manhattan this past Saturday.. by the end of the day I was getting shooting pains in my feet. Two days later and the muscles and tendons are still sore.

kz1000ps said:
Yeah I did 12+ miles in Manhattan this past Saturday.. by the end of the day I was getting shooting pains in my feet. Two days later and the muscles and tendons are still sore.

You gotta pace yourself.

Deadly. What would be wrong with inserting shops into the ground floors of all those garages, while adding a level of parking on top?

Wow, that building is one of the more attractive buildings that have been built in Boston in the past couple of years. I really like the glass look. Boston needs more glass skyscrapers, look at the HT and Exchange Place, both beautiful skyscrapers. Of course HT stands out way more than Exchange Place, but I still think Exchange Place is an awesome building.

blade_bltz said:
Hey buddy I learned to sail in those very Mercurys, on that very stretch of river.

NO absolutely not. BAD IDEA. Ever heard of Faall Funfest? FUN MY ASS! Mercurys should die.

This guy really tops 300 feet? It's a nice building no doubt, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to stand above the crowd enough.

shawn said:
This guy really tops 300 feet? It's a nice building no doubt, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to stand above the crowd enough.

I'm pretty sure it's 298'.

Blackfan_20080101-180.jpg

Blackfan_20080101-161.jpg

Blackfan_20080101-183.jpg

Blackfan_20080101-139S1.jpg

The Children's, Blackfan, Merck and Harvard buildings make a sort of mid-rise glass canyon.

Blackfan_20080101-143.jpg

Blackfan_20080101-152.jpg

There's an open plaza surrouned on two sides by glass walls. It's an interesting if somewhat chilly space. These pics don't really convey the feel of the place, and the poor lighting doesn't help.

Blackfan_20080101-171.jpg

This looks pretty sharp... thanks for all the picture updates

Those buildings are very, very nice.

I was hoping that Joe Fallon's Seaport Apartments/Renaissance Hotel would have been built with much more glass; similiar to the Manulife building next door. A real lost opportunity. Hopefully, his Fan Pier buildings will use more glass; hell, with those views he'd be crazy not to offer floor to ceiling windows.

ps...Happy New Year!!

Back