img6645me4.jpg

img6646qh4.jpg

img6647iu0.jpg

img6648uo8.jpg

img6649xw3.jpg

img6660ul7.jpg

from Coolidge Corner

img6785jx0.jpg

I've never been too impressed with this building, but I really warmed up to the glass this time out. It has a near-perfect blend of reflectivity and transparency (like Philly's Comcast Center), and looked great under the heavy overcast conditions. Plus, the subtle cantilevering of the form works in a just-under-the-conscious fashion that draws me in.

Where'd you take the last one? The spire looks to be the church on Harvard St.

this is the one part of boston where in some ways the worse the street wall the better. can't wait till they start building big hulking bio-industrial complex right on top of the streets and we can zoom through glowing hamster tunnels in our flying cars....

img4035tl5.jpg

img4034cy3.jpg

loading dock area

img4031rn1.jpg

img4039ny9.jpg

img4042sv2.jpg

img4044un1.jpg

And one from 7/3, from some parking garage in Cambridge

img3395ii4.jpg

looks good up close(thanks kz1000ps) and from a distance,today from camb.
018-3.jpg

Sweet shot! You're the master of taking pictures from miles away haha. Do you need a tripod in order to get shots of that clarity from such a distance? Or are you a professional sniper?

Am I the only one who really dislikes this look?

Sweet shot! You're the master of taking pictures from miles away haha. Do you need a tripod in order to get shots of that clarity from such a distance? Or are you a professional sniper?
^Thanks lol!
No professional here just like to take pixs and no I don't have a tripod!

Last edited:
any picture with a church in it is going to look like europe ;)

anyway, i think this is a great addition to the longwood area. that whole area, longwood/fenway, is really starting to shape up nicely as the biomedical/residential cousin of back bay's office/residential feel.

and wow, that picture really emphasizes just how horrible that mass ave building is (not like that is hard to do)

Am I the only one who really dislikes this look?

I am with you. The only interesting design going on on the exterior is the big massing move. The reflective glass really hurts and muddies that particular reading. I still think it is going to be a nice building, but it is falling short of its original vision.

cca

This is an INCREDIBLY hulking structure.

^agree! hard to believe this is only 18 stories, this morning
016-12.jpg

Back