Boston Skyline Photos

Hazy view of Boston on takeoff from Logan last Tuesday afternoon. I thought it looked very "Gotham City" Film Noir. :)

Boston_hazy.jpg

Love how the NS area is filling in the gaps of downtown from this angle. It got me wondering if The Pinnacle ends up getting built where exactly it would pop up on the left side of that shot.

Would it be to the left of the Harbor Towers or sorta right in-between the two? I don't think there is any rendering from this angle.

Any thoughts?

(Can move this to The Pinnacle thread just brought it up cause of @DZH22 's photo)

This may not be the best place to post this, but I couldn't think of where else -- the new show 'Picard' showed the "Boston skyline" in 2399. Pretty fun to pick out the real buildings amongst the fanciful -- I spot IP, one lincoln, MT (i think), saltonstall, and atlantic wharf. ALSO their vision for South Station Tower is way skinnier than what's on the table in reality!
EDIT: what i took to be SST is, in fact, the fed reserve. for a bunch of the "new" buildings it looks like the artists just "reclad" existing towers, adding lighting and screens etc.

Last edited:
This may not be the best place to post this, but I couldn't think of where else -- the new show 'Picard' showed the "Boston skyline" in 2399. Pretty fun to pick out the real buildings amongst the fanciful -- I spot IP, one lincoln, MT (i think), saltonstall, and atlantic wharf. ALSO their vision for South Station Tower is way skinnier than what's on the table in reality!
EDIT: what i took to be SST is, in fact, the fed reserve. for a bunch of the "new" buildings it looks like the artists just "reclad" existing towers, adding lighting and screens etc.

Neat link. It does look like most or all of that already exists, except these are the souped-up versions. That's how cool our skyline already is, toned down but otherwise the same.

Last edited:
8939B627-AFEA-45C5-86E7-5AC0AF3A7E2B.png

I saved this screenshot from the free episode 1 when I watched it about a month ago.

I appreciate the creativity, but this would probably be a more accurate representation of Boston in 2339...

1200px-Pacific_Ocean_-_panoramio_(10).jpg

Back