Boston Skyline Photos

I was being unnecessarily glib. If you like skylines, then do you, I suppose. But the fact is that the way a city's skyline looks from 8 miles away has absolutely no bearing on how humans actually interact with the city, or the city's overall quality. If it did, then Rome would be worthless while Dallas would be the envy of the world.

3/9 from Woburn

IMG_6914 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6917 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6918 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6925 by David Z, on Flickr

Almost every place looks like a blob from 8 miles away, DZ. That's why I particularly like your superb, closer-in photography.

I think the far more important problem with Boston's skyline is the almost universal "crew cut" boxiness of the tops. A spire isn't an evil thing.

I think the far more important problem with Boston's skyline is the almost universal "crew cut" boxiness of the tops. A spire isn't an evil thing.
a man (or woman, whatever -- i have no idea, of course) after my own heart, as my too-frequent posts on that larger topic attest.

a man (or woman, whatever -- i have no idea, of course) after my own heart, as my too-frequent posts on that larger topic attest.

Yeah, I could care less if they made it out of cardboard......just put a few different hats on these things!

Yeah, I could care less if they made it out of cardboard......just put a few different hats on these things!

All the (legitimate) comments about Boston's buzz-cut skyline and how we're "blob city USA" would be vastly mitigated with a few spires or dramatic step-backs, even *without* any 950-footers or supertalls.

That's a magnificent shot/angle - getiing direct head-ons of both the Charles River AND Fort Point Channel in there. Is there any way to enlarge that? I tried by clickign and getting to the Jetblue Facebook page, but alas, I am limited tech-wise and when I clicked to enlarge, there was no method.

Short answer is 'no.'

This is the largest size I can get of the above pic:

1616080613873.png

Back