Boynton Yards | 99-101 South/808 Windsor | Somerville

Up next: 99 South St. (2,8, and 29 Harding St)(https://s3.amazonaws.com/somervillema.gov.if-us-east-1/s3fs-public/2022-10/South Street 99 - Plans 2022-07-20.pdf

View attachment 29656View attachment 29657
View attachment 29658

From Boston Biz Journal:
........A joint venture between DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners and Leggat McCall Properties is looking to build the 360,000-square-foot, 12-story property at 99 South St.
Boynton Yards is already approved for more lab space under a master plan, but DLJ and Leggat McCall are now seeking a final review for the 185-foot-tall project from Somerville’s planning board.....

The 185' clearly doesn't include the mech. This thing looks like it must be closer to between 225'-250' range. That (triple height?!) mech top looks humongous. Referring specifically to this image. In fact, looking closely, it appears that the last "floor" is also mech! Might put this up to or even over 250'.
1666026324046.png

The 185' clearly doesn't include the mech. This thing looks like it must be closer to between 225'-250' range. That (triple height?!) mech top looks humongous. Referring specifically to this image. In fact, looking closely, it appears that the last "floor" is also mech! Might put this up to or even over 250'.

Including the elevator penthouse, it's 257' 9".

1666026709063.png

I have heard rumblings that the zoning board may soon start including mechanical penthouses in total height considerations, since they have gotten so ridiculously large in lab buildings. "Mechanical penthouses" used to just mean elevator bulkheads or HVAC units, not multiple entire floors. It is deceptive to advertise a building as 195' tall, only for it to actually be ~50' taller.

Including the elevator penthouse, it's 257' 9".

View attachment 29662

I have heard rumblings that the zoning board may soon start including mechanical penthouses in total height considerations, since they have gotten so ridiculously large in lab buildings. "Mechanical penthouses" used to just mean elevator bulkheads or HVAC units, not multiple entire floors. It is deceptive to advertise a building as 195' tall, only for it to actually be ~50' taller.

Nice find! Elevation starts at 10' so looks like it's 247'.

Just to clarify: The construction project in that great pic currently at the below grade level, is for the SECOND building listed in that article (the one "already under construction).

The THIRD building -99 South Street (the subject of the above renders and articles) - hasn't broken ground yet is the THIRD in the series.

My question: Where will 99 South Street be? Closer to the tracks?

Just to clarify: The construction project in that great pic currently at the below grade level, is for the SECOND building listed in that article (the one "already under construction).

The THIRD building -99 South Street (the subject of the above renders and articles) - hasn't broken ground yet is the THIRD in the series.

My question: Where will 99 South Street be? Closer to the tracks?

99 South is the building in the render at the top of the page. You can see a full map in the thoroughfare proposal:

1668536720106.png

On the boynton yards project site I found a couple realistic renders showing what it will look like when these buildings are complete.
BY_SE-aerial.jpg

BY_aerial-Green.jpg

https://boyntonyards.com/projects/808-windsor-street

I do like how they didn't obscure the junk yard (between this project and Roosevelt Towers) in this render. Refreshing honesty about things the project won't do anything about :p (cc: WS Development)

Worth noting that the junk yard is going to sell by the time this project is done. It won't be in the view with all these buildings.

Concrete pour over entry canopy. Green roof over entrance?
IMG_9737.JPG

Lots of tenting, fire proof spray or winterizing.
IMG_9773.JPG

Welding along the entry roof. Lots of steel angle bracing along that small edge overhang.
IMG_9762.JPG

HVAC ducts and equipment getting installed on the first floor.
IMG_9753.JPG

Steel deck almost to the top.
IMG_9730.JPG

Last edited:

Back