Brigham Building for the Future | LMA | Fenway

I will go out on a limb and say that this has turned out to be an awkward mess. There are a whole host of micro design solutions pasted next to each other and in no way speaks either to the context nor to itself in any meaningful way.

Other opinions?

cca

I would agree overall. The main issue is the differing fins on each face. I think if they had chosen one style and maybe not used it on the whole building instead of having so any different styles of fins.

My solution would be to leave the colored fins and remove the other ones and have that random clear glass box section at the base match the glass in the connector that it is attached to.

I'd agree. I don't know how to articulate my design critique beyond: it looks like an attempt at designed chaos; like lipstick on a generic office design pig.

It's a very uncomfortable building to look at and I honestly don't know how you arrive at a design like this and say 'yeah, let's spend millions building that.'

I'd agree. I don't know how to articulate my design critique beyond: it looks like an attempt at designed chaos; like lipstick on a generic office design pig.

It's a very uncomfortable building to look at and I honestly don't know how you arrive at a design like this and say 'yeah, let's spend millions building that.'

Its probably based on good problem solving. But without architectural rigor it tends to look like a building designed by spreadsheet.

cca

I will go out on a limb and say that this has turned out to be an awkward mess. There are a whole host of micro design solutions pasted next to each other and in no way speaks either to the context nor to itself in any meaningful way.

Other opinions?

"Looming behemoth" is how I'd describe it. Remains to be seen how the street level will work out.

Dead!!!, with a bunch of smokers lining the wall.

They did an excellent job with this building - very handsome. I wasn't a fan of the new Shapiro building but this one complements Shapiro and they look good together. Street level is typical sterile medical institution, but overall, nice work here.

Back