Brockton Developments

Lisbon

Reaction score
I've never even been to Brockton, but seeing these developments gives me hope for all of Massachusetts's small downtowns. TOD in these commuter towns/cities will go a long way in creating a greener and more urban world.

I wish that more suburban employers would relocate to office buildings in suburban dowtowns. This both enables people to live/work in the same area, and allows for commuting or reverse commuting via commuter rail or other forms of transit.

bigeman312

Reaction score
I've never even been to Brockton, but seeing these developments gives me hope for all of Massachusetts's small downtowns. TOD in these commuter towns/cities will go a long way in creating a greener and more urban world.

I wish that more suburban employers would relocate to office buildings in suburban dowtowns. This both enables people to live/work in the same area, and allows for commuting or reverse commuting via commuter rail or other forms of transit.
Agreed. I'd love to see this process happen in Framingham, Haverhill, Taunton (in conjunction with the terminus of a CR Line, if that happens), Weymouth, etc.

C

cozzyd

My pipe dream includes BAT owned local trains running back and forth from Braintree or Randolph to Bridgewater to add transit trains to offset the anemic schedule.

As far as commuter service, the timing is appropriate for getting people into boston, which is the point, however it obviously works both ways, and provides plenty of service if you're commuting for work to any of the 3 stops. The lack of late night trains is one of the biggest issues I have with the schedule.
Can short commuter shuttles be turned around at Braintree (or Quincy Center?). It wouldn't take much longer if a near-cross platform transfer to the red line was possible (especially if people are commuting to places other than South Station).

SeamusMcFly

Reaction score

Finishing up it seems. Lights along streetfront are done now too.
Little bummed by the temporary parking lot where phase 2 goes.

I heard the units were already 75% leased or under agreement as of a month or so ago. That sounds like good enough to start right into phase 2. Not waiting a year or two. Temporary can become permanent much too easily.

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score
Mods...this appears to be the only Brockton dev thread of any kind, so maybe generify the title?

Vaporware redev of decades-derelict highly polluted freight yard cum homeless encampment, breathlessly overhyped for its vaporwariness, gets vape-ier as owner CSX jacks it never-met/thus-vaporware asking price on the slab 2½ times over...making it vaporly overpriced and giving stakeholders a bad case of the vapours. Sides content to continue vapor-staring at each other with all the vapid certitude of a moist fart.

VAPOR. o_O

Massachoicetts

Reaction score
I wish that whole Randolph-Brockton stretch nothing but the best. Glad to see small spurts of redevelopment taking place in my old neck of the woods. I miss the area and seeing stuff like this makes me happy!