Brockton Developments

I've never even been to Brockton, but seeing these developments gives me hope for all of Massachusetts's small downtowns. TOD in these commuter towns/cities will go a long way in creating a greener and more urban world.

I wish that more suburban employers would relocate to office buildings in suburban dowtowns. This both enables people to live/work in the same area, and allows for commuting or reverse commuting via commuter rail or other forms of transit.

I've never even been to Brockton, but seeing these developments gives me hope for all of Massachusetts's small downtowns. TOD in these commuter towns/cities will go a long way in creating a greener and more urban world.

I wish that more suburban employers would relocate to office buildings in suburban dowtowns. This both enables people to live/work in the same area, and allows for commuting or reverse commuting via commuter rail or other forms of transit.

Agreed. I'd love to see this process happen in Framingham, Haverhill, Taunton (in conjunction with the terminus of a CR Line, if that happens), Weymouth, etc.

My pipe dream includes BAT owned local trains running back and forth from Braintree or Randolph to Bridgewater to add transit trains to offset the anemic schedule.

As far as commuter service, the timing is appropriate for getting people into boston, which is the point, however it obviously works both ways, and provides plenty of service if you're commuting for work to any of the 3 stops. The lack of late night trains is one of the biggest issues I have with the schedule.

Can short commuter shuttles be turned around at Braintree (or Quincy Center?). It wouldn't take much longer if a near-cross platform transfer to the red line was possible (especially if people are commuting to places other than South Station).

0508150717_zpsgljcdzag.jpg

Finishing up it seems. Lights along streetfront are done now too.
Little bummed by the temporary parking lot where phase 2 goes.

I heard the units were already 75% leased or under agreement as of a month or so ago. That sounds like good enough to start right into phase 2. Not waiting a year or two. Temporary can become permanent much too easily.

Mods...this appears to be the only Brockton dev thread of any kind, so maybe generify the title?

Vaporware redev of decades-derelict highly polluted freight yard cum homeless encampment, breathlessly overhyped for its vaporwariness, gets vape-ier as owner CSX jacks it never-met/thus-vaporware asking price on the slab 2½ times over...making it vaporly overpriced and giving stakeholders a bad case of the vapours. Sides content to continue vapor-staring at each other with all the vapid certitude of a moist fart.

VAPOR. o_O

I wish that whole Randolph-Brockton stretch nothing but the best. Glad to see small spurts of redevelopment taking place in my old neck of the woods. I miss the area and seeing stuff like this makes me happy!

New proposed project in Downtown Brockton
image002___28151556344.jpg

64 Units - Market rate.
I could do without the two levels of above grade parking.
Ground floor appears to have no retail which is a sin in this location.
It's replacing the old D'Angelo's. I get it that closed, but they can't keep building residential without providing any actual neighborhood amenities.

Location is great (directly behind the T platform.)
Looking to break ground in spring 2022. We'll see.

Trinity looking to complete the build out of the Enterprise block with an additional 102 unit building.
This is phase 3. The first phase of apartments completed 5 years+ ago, followed by the parking structure that will be partially enclosed by this project.

I would call that render...which isn't much of a looker on-spec...optimistic as hell given that this is the same dev who put zero-effort into the attempted conversion of the fatally drab ex-Transitional Assistance state office building next-door into "market-rate" apartments. The ex-DTA building, BTW, had squirrels nesting in the attic by way of the elevator shaft within 2 months of opening for rentals.

Some of the new residential going up in dead-center downtown is shaping up to be real nice, but this particular dev doesn't exactly come in with good pedigree.

Main

fb15f6_cb3e77b5c3fe487a882462e44f7c4586~mv2.jpg

137 Main is a mixed-use project to be located in the heart of Downtown Brockton, where substantial new investment is now taking place.

This new construction will be comprised of 100 residential units, and 6,000 square feet of retail space fronting on Main Street. Twenty percent of the units will be affordable. The building will be located within walking distance of the Downtown Brockton commuter rail station

CMK will complete the permitting process in the third quarter of 2022,with construction beginning in the fourth quarter of 2022.

https://www.cmk-partners.com/copy-of-1055-main-street

Brockton beer company has opened in the bottom floor of the above building 121 main st.

364cce87-e657-4da4-8fe5-c6dd5926379f-Brockton_Beer_Exterior.jpg
Brockton Beer Company celebrates city's history, aims to create new sense of community

BROCKTON, Mass. —
Founded by five families who knew each other through their kids' sports teams, Brockton Beer Company has grown to produce 500 barrels per year and opened a new nano-brewery, tap house and eatery in June.

"This is a 5-barrel brewhouse right here, which is around 155 gallons of liquid that we're able to produce," said brewmaster Julian Miller during a recent tour.

Everything about this new hot spot celebrates the City of Champions, including the beers. Sip, for example, an English dark mild named Mr. Map.
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/br...ims-to-create-new-sense-of-community/41648229

Brockton beer company has opened in the bottom floor of the above building 121 main st.

364cce87-e657-4da4-8fe5-c6dd5926379f-Brockton_Beer_Exterior.jpg
Brockton Beer Company celebrates city's history, aims to create new sense of community

BROCKTON, Mass. —
Founded by five families who knew each other through their kids' sports teams, Brockton Beer Company has grown to produce 500 barrels per year and opened a new nano-brewery, tap house and eatery in June.

"This is a 5-barrel brewhouse right here, which is around 155 gallons of liquid that we're able to produce," said brewmaster Julian Miller during a recent tour.

Everything about this new hot spot celebrates the City of Champions, including the beers. Sip, for example, an English dark mild named Mr. Map.
https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/br...ims-to-create-new-sense-of-community/41648229
These are the stories that uplift. One of my great-grandfathers was Scots-Irish, Basque, but also 25% German Jew and 25% African-American. And whilst it’s not a lot of drops (my great-grandparents also came from Halifax, England and my bio father has Bavarian German (Lutheran)), I am also Mexican, Portuguese, Syrian and Turkish.

To most people who are 100% Hwyte, I get it. Who cares? We’re all American. Whilst that true, these is a tired notion that people who are of color don’t drink craft beer. So, to those in the black and/or brown community, this is a good story of hope.

Of course, be responsible when drinking, enjoy the night, and support majority owned businesses!

MassHousing

“Congratulations to Trinity Financial, the city of Brockton, and the residents of Empresa Enterprise Center Phase 2 on the completion of this new housing community in downtown Brockton. MassHousing was very pleased to be part of this transformative project that brought 111 new apartment homes to the City of Champions.”

1695611895325.png

1695611913769.png

1695611944487.png

https://www.facebook.com/1000648393...1aBU8ypEevaf2u4tDUaXukyQhDml/?mibextid=cr9u03

These are the stories that uplift. One of my great-grandfathers was Scots-Irish, Basque, but also 25% German Jew and 25% African-American. And whilst it’s not a lot of drops (my great-grandparents also came from Halifax, England and my bio father has Bavarian German (Lutheran)), I am also Mexican, Portuguese, Syrian and Turkish.

To most people who are 100% Hwyte, I get it. Who cares? We’re all American. Whilst that true, these is a tired notion that people who are of color don’t drink craft beer. So, to those in the black and/or brown community, this is a good story of hope.

Of course, be responsible when drinking, enjoy the night, and support majority owned businesses!
Say again?

Back