BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

Life Coach Mike

Reaction score
Hopefully you did not repay it yet. All loans due to be forgiven soon.
Actually after college I had 5 more years deferment with grad school and then took 10 years to pay off the $1400 in loans at 3%....had to pay around $40 a QUARTER! Of course that was nearly 50 years ago!

bdurden

Reaction score
Last edited:

393b40

Reaction score
Poor tower crane op doesn't get the benefit of being able to take the construction elevator up 80% of the way for a long long time.

FK4

Reaction score
I know height is a fetish and cores are just giant phalluses, and really we always have to stay focused on the form and content of the end result, but... man, it’s hard not to look at these pics and not get excited. This one is gonna be a huge stamp of urban height that will be felt all along Mem & Storrow, as well as Comm.

Btw, great pics.

A Chicagoan

Reaction score
Makes me kind of uncomfortable when people sexualize buildings, to be honest.

Not every rectangular or cylindrical prism has to be reminiscent of a penis.
I read the Wikipedia article on phallic architecture once, and I was surprised when it started listing the Empire State Building, Leaning Tower of Pisa, and Washington Monument as examples. How in the world do those count as phallic architecture? In that case every skyscraper might as well be a phallus, just because it's sticking up out of the ground. :rolleyes:

mdd

Reaction score
Here is an interesting view of the building I haven't seen posted before. It's memorial drive in Cambridge as it approaches the BU bridge, it will be quite prominent right in front of you.

bu.jpg

Attachments

theSil

Reaction score
A slender 19-story core with not a shred of steel in sight in a highly prominent location..... my camera likes this combination

Just to give credit where credit is due, @kz1000ps captured one of my favorite construction shots in awhile and it's at the top of this page ;).

But agree @mdd, it is a really interesting vantage point. I especially like it because, at least for me, it's totally messes with my mental map of this location, in which BU's campus is sitting parallel across the river. Instead, somehow the sinuous Charles places this new core smack dab in the middle of this length of Mem Drive.