BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

I don't think I've ever noticed the Gas Tank standing out in that depth of field before. Wow!

8ABADAD5-1062-4D76-AA28-3C7F5BF33C36.jpeg

This “towers” over Warren.

Yea, even though I've been following this one since the first renders, it didn't really sink in how big it is until seeing these pics where its core dwarfs Warren.

Last edited:
Piece of trivia re: Warren Towers. When I attended BU in 1970-4 it was labeled "700" Comm. Ave. The number resembled "ZOO" and so it was called for many years until they replaced the number with lettered words for the address. It lived up to its name. I'm happy the triple towers are finally getting competition. The ZOO has been one of BU's more embarrassing architectural fails, IMO, though the garage underneath (well before they added street retail) was inexpensive for us commuters.

Many of us were admitted to BU biology programs at the ZOO in those days. Matriculation was easy, and tuition wasn’t much more than a bottle of Mateus Rose.

Many of us were admitted to BU biology programs at the ZOO in those days. Matriculation was easy, and tuition wasn’t much more than a bottle of Mateus Rose.
Yeah, tuition in 1970: $750 for the year! By 1974 it rose to the astronomical amount of $1250.00! I ended up with $1000 in student govt. loans at 3%. Wow!

Yeah, tuition in 1970: $750 for the year! By 1974 it rose to the astronomical amount of $1250.00! I ended up with $1000 in student govt. loans at 3%. Wow!

$1000 in 1974 is equal to $5372.76 today. Still a far cry from today's college tuition but at least we're comparing apples to apples.

Was that after financial aid? Full tuition at BU in 1969 was $1800. It was $3000 in 1974.

Was that after financial aid? Full tuition at BU in 1969 was $1800. It was $3000 in 1974.
Don't tell me I've been misquoting my tuition (as a commuter) for 50 years? I'm not counting any room and board. I recall getting a no financial aid until my second year. I paid my first year cash with $500 high school scholarship from Woburn Rotary Club and the rest, with books thrown in, from savings. I didn't receive enough financial aid to have reached the 3K mark....hmmm.

I am not counting room an board either. As we get older our memories get fuzzy but I still have my financial aid award letter from 1969 showing tuition. (OK I'm a pack rat}. I ended up at Northeastern because I got better financial aid.

Back