BU Development Thread

Construction was to start in January wasnt it? I wonder if it'll start on time, and when the steal will rise.

Another thing this development will do is completely block out West Campus' once "14 million dollar view" from the top floors of Claflin and Rich Hall Towers.

bosdevelopment said:
Another thing this development will do is completely block out West Campus' once "14 million dollar view" from the top floors of Claflin and Rich Hall Towers.

Those things should be knocked over anyway. Theyre dreadful inside

I lived in Sleeper for a semester, those three dorms are pretty terrible inside. I can see how this tower will mess up Rich's views, but shouldn't it have no effect at all on Claflin's views? I remember Claflin facing a different way entirely.

esp9762 said:
I lived in Sleeper for a semester, those three dorms are pretty terrible inside. I can see how this tower will mess up Rich's views, but shouldn't it have no effect at all on Claflin's views? I remember Claflin facing a different way entirely.

Yeah but before the original village went up you could see downtown from all three, almost perfectly.

BU has a dormitory called "Sleeper"? Every college should do that.

... I think I married a "Sleeper" girl!

... and if they find a mobile phone there, do they call Homeland Security?

justin

I was in sleeper 6 freshman year. Of about 60 people on the floor, 40 were girls, 28-32 of them were bona fide hot chicks. I will never forget my time at bu, especially freshman year at West.

bosdevelopment said:
I was in sleeper 6 freshman year. Of about 60 people on the floor, 40 were girls, 28-32 of them were bona fide hot chicks. I will never forget my time at bu, especially freshman year at West.

You're making me regret my decision for college...

Luckily, my time at BU was spent on Bay State and Buswell where I prefered. Even so, the Student Village dorms is quite possibly the nicest student housing anywhere.

DudeUrSistersHot said:
bosdevelopment said:

yeah dude.. bentley sucks ass.

bosdevelopment said:
DudeUrSistersHot said:
bosdevelopment said:

yeah dude.. bentley sucks ass.

Oh well... I like it a lot. Being in the city for college would be way too inconvenient for me, I wouldn't be able to get to my job or anything. I know some people at Bentley and I've heard there are some pretty sick parties, plus its wicked well connected with businesses in the area and the business education is imo better than BU.

Your job? You can get a new job at the best buy at landmark dude.

Moreover, SMG at BU is vastly superior to any undergraduate finance programs offered at Bentley, except for maybe accounting as Bentley was once an accounting school only. You're not going to get hooked up with a ridiculous job coming out of either school, so any "connections" that the school claims to provide for you are a whole lotta bullshit. Any connections you make will be forged on your own, not provided through the school.

You can't compare social life at Bentley with that of BU. It's like comparing Boston to NYC. That's even a stretch, it's more like comparing Nashua New Hampshire to NYC.

The most important thing about going to a school like BU or Bentley or Babson or BC or NU is that you party your face off and you take this aspect the most seriously. It is understood that you go out at least 5 times a week your freshman year. You can maintain a 3.3 with minimal work at all schools if you're somewhat intelligent and can write well in a blue book, enough to get you into a decent or above average MBA program (BU) with some good scores on the GMAT.

Dude. Transfer.

bosdevelopment said:
Your job? You can get a new job at the best buy at landmark dude.

Moreover, SMG at BU is vastly superior to any undergraduate finance programs offered at Bentley, except for maybe accounting as Bentley was once an accounting school only. You're not going to get hooked up with a ridiculous job coming out of either school, so any "connections" that the school claims to provide for you are a whole lotta bullshit. Any connections you make will be forged on your own, not provided through the school.

You can't compare social life at Bentley with that of BU. It's like comparing Boston to NYC. That's even a stretch, it's more like comparing Nashua New Hampshire to NYC.

The most important thing about going to a school like BU or Bentley or Babson or BC or NU is that you party your face off and you take this aspect the most seriously. It is understood that you go out at least 5 times a week your freshman year. You can maintain a 3.3 with minimal work at all schools if you're somewhat intelligent and can write well in a blue book, enough to get you into a decent or above average MBA program (BU) with some good scores on the GMAT.

Dude. Transfer.

I'm taking Corporate Finance and Accounting to become a CPA. My aunt and uncle are both CPAs and my uncle is the CFO of a pharmaceutical company, so I'm sure they can hook me up with sick jobs anyway - if not, I can go into business with one of my parents anyway.

I dunno, I'll transfer if its not a sick enough party school, but everyone I know who's gone there thinks it's awesome. I can make better money in my current position (~$14/hr) then I ever could at Landmark, and I need it because my parents are only paying $30k a year and I have no chance at financial aid. Not sure if I'll go for my MBA or not.

belmont square said:
I'm sure they can hook me up with sick jobs anyway

I can go into business with one of my parents anyway

my parents are only paying $30k a year

Isn't Dude the one that's always against handouts?

Looks like somebody just doesn't realize how good he got it.

I guess the "level playing field" is tipped in some peoples favor just a little more than others....

Back