BU Development Thread

It's amazing how quickly BU moves on their projects. Mommy and daddy's money No property taxes gets a lot done in a short period of time.

How do I get closer to the site? I walked between the Agganis Arena and Student Gym (Fitrec) and could only get up to here
IMG_6197.jpg

It was too cold to walk around looking, so whats my best bet for the future?

I doubt well see anything for a couple of months though...

Walk down Buick street and hang a left behind the village tower. I don't know if there's a gate up. You might not have access close enough to take a decent picture. You coud always pull over on the mass pike and cheat death just to get some pics up here.

You should have gone to the other side of Agganis, jass. Just go back to Comm Ave. and walk down the street (named Harry Agganis Way) that borders the arena on the west side and you'll come right up to the site. When I was last there they had the gates wide open.

But like you said there won't be much visual action to document for at least a few more months.

If the Fitness/Arena is any indicator, BU doesn't waste too much time in the construction process. I'd expect to see this tower go vertical quickly.

Thanks for the link. While the cam is live (and so current) the information isnt

"It is anticipated that the structural steel for the project will begin to arrive on site and be erected sometime in early to mid December 2002."

Right.

And the right camera is under the wrong project. Maybe someone should email them

Oh, and I've walked by this site plenty of times before, but finally snapped a picture of it just now. Originally there was a deteriorated one-story commercial structure from the '10s or '20s that was demolished last summer and this is what's up so far. The only thing that turns up on Google is that Nextel wants to put "panel antennas" on the roof.

1304 Commonwealth Ave, Allston.

Here's a link to 1304-1312 Comm. Ave. project on the BRA's web site. I think it's an 'affordable' housing project of some sort.
Link

Updated look at the hole, taken today
IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

These apartments will have a nice view

IMG_6336.jpg

I didnt take any pics of the Comm Ave project because there has been no visible progress.

Dude, what time were you there? Cuz I took these today around 1:30ish

img2064lj8.jpg

img2066di9.jpg

What a coincidence. I was there at around 3:30.

I was thinking about going this weekend to take a picture, but the webcam shows that theres been no new progress

As of march 30, 2007
stuvi2.jpg

I posted a screen grab so we can have it archived here.

Back