BU Development Thread

That looks very nice for a blocky tower i think. As long as it isn beige.

Ah, but it looks like we will be getting a decent dosage of beige! (west/east facades).

Late Thursday afternoon:

img1443hq6.jpg

img1444br0.jpg

img1445ot5.jpg

img1446jr2.jpg

went by there earlier today - Since Thursday they've put up a considerable amount of steel (4-5 interior floors)

That second rendering makes it look very tall. It still baffles me how they intend to build it without a new dining hall. Half the buildings residents will need to east somewhere, and BU dining halls are at capacity.

Here is the aerial view, from the web-cam, captured today

stuvi2may27.jpg

Someone should get down there to take a few new shots, theyre really rushing this one, as the three cranes in the webcam hint at.

From June 28, theyve done alot of work.

I didnt take pics of the Comm Ave Project because while there has been work, its not pretty enough to warrant pictures of.

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

They are flying with this building--its going to be a fun view from the Pike.

bdurden said:
They are flying with this building--its going to be a fun view from the Pike.

Its a shame they didnt go with concrete though. Dorms are noisy, and concrete can insulate that better

There sure are a lot of neighbors squatting under the Pike likely to complain about noise...

I was refering to an entire concrete building, not the facade, and the neighbors in this case would be the kids living next to each other trying to study/rock out.

Man, I just am astonished on how fast they are moving on this thing. I love it, BU should replace the BRA lol Then Boston would be an endless of array of skyscrapers in like 5 years

BU should replace the BRA lol Then Boston would be an endless of array of skyscrapers in like 5 years

Yeah and they would all look the same! :)

img8697lw1.jpg

and in other news, the McD's at the corner is no more

img8698om6.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! What will those BU kids do now when they stumble home now, hungry and drunk?

I know, what a shame. i think it would be smart if they put a Burger King or Wendy's there, at least!

Wow, thats moving up fast.

But how the hell did the Mcdonalds close? I couldnt think of a better location for a mcdonalds. Perhaps it was the price gouging. The dollar menu was limtied, and the night menu was small and over priced. 24 hours? Hardly, it closed at 2am and sold only fries and nuggets at premium prices. I dont know how corporate allowed for that....

TheBostonBoy said:
I think it would be smart if they put a Burger King or Wendy's there, at least!

Well, a Burger King on land (at 645 Comm Ave) that BU owns closed down two years ago, so at this rate they'll probably end up shutting down the Popeyes that just opened in Kenmore Square by the summer of 2009.

Back