BU Development Thread

Smoothies

More Jamba Juices!!!

The one at Warren Towers isn't even a "real" one - it's a franchise, not corporate-owned, like the majority of them.

You can't use your Jamba card, for one thing ...

There aren't any others in the entire city!

I have no idea. Regardless, I was just being facetious when I made that comment.

Does BU own the corner building of the former McDonald's? If so, what exactly is replacing it?

Webcam is back up, and since we havent gotten a ground update for awhile, heres the building as of August 18

stuvi2aug18.jpg

Holy crap this thing is rising fast. It's like growing at the same rate as the Burj Dubai. :shock:

This building is great for the Charles "riverwall". If only the big box stores and parking lots on the Cambridge side could be redeveloped...though something tells me the Cambridgeport neighbors would throw fits if anything taller than Micro Center got built there.

The high rises should have fronted Comm Ave with the arena and fitness center in the rear.

I don't know. It makes sense to have the entrance to a major public facility on a busy street. The tower also helps frame the river, and the students housed there surely won't be complaining about the view.

How many times has a 24 hour McDonalds Dollar Menu saved me from breath? Countless. The sure as hell put a smile on my face.

But maybe McDs will make one of those cool HotSpot McDs. They cool.

It may not be a piece of stunning Piano architecture, but it would sure as hell satisfy a college student.

Re: New BU Tower

As seen Tuesday, November 13

IMG_2221.jpg

It confuses me why the main entrance dumps to the back end of the complex and not into the Student Village--you'd think they would like to encourage activity within in the newly built environment instead of forcing students to walk around. It is my understanding that the remaining parking lot will also become a residential tower.

Like you pointed out, that remaining parking lot will eventually get built on, and when it does the connections between the buildings will come. But for right now, there's that loading dock to the arena acting as a barrier between 10 Buick and the new construction.

Im pretty sure I drove by this on Tuesday and it looked a lot taller.

Just drove by on Storrow and the building looks enormous. I'm estimating that north facing side still has 5-6 more stories to go before being topped off based on the rendering.

Its slenderness makes it look much taller when viewed from the pike or storrow drive.

Easily the tallest building in the area and seems much taller than any building in Cambridge.

Does anybody have a figure on the final height?

Back