Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

I'm not really sure, I just took a twitter post from the Bulfinch Crossing twitter page and reposted it onto here.

so when all phases of this project are complete, will portions of this garage remain, yet be fully wrapped in new construction?

2dj2y2v.png

This is what it will look like after phase one. This is the only tower they are working on at the moment.

This is what it will look like after phase one. This is the only tower they are working on at the moment.
right, but I'm asking more about the eventual completion of all construction...will parts of the current garage still stand at completion? will those parts be completely covered up?

Yes the garage remains on the west side of congress. It will be wrapped by 3 buildings and the only place you will see it is on Bowker st.
The new Chardon driveways are moving back there and a loading dock.

i'm very curious to know how the resident tower is being built.

i'm wondering when that section of the garage will actually be extracted.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I have a bad feeling about this project and can't help but wonder when/if all phases will be completed. Do they have financing in place for all phases? I just feel like we are going to get the office tower and nothing more for the foreseeable future. I hope they prove me wrong.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer but I have a bad feeling about this project and can't help but wonder when/if all phases will be completed. Do they have financing in place for all phases? I just feel like we are going to get the office tower and nothing more for the foreseeable future. I hope they prove me wrong.

I hate to be the blissfully ignorant one, but I remain optimistic about this entire project. The location is just too good; it's not some sketchy lets-see-if-we-can-support-a-50-story-tower-above-the-turnpike kind of deal...and I contend that we are going to see a couple more bombshell company relo's to Boston within the next 1-2 years.

Everyone's entitled to their own projection : )

(Btw, BosDevelop, they are starting with the residential tower, not the office one)

.....I just feel like we are going to get the office tower and nothing more for the foreseeable future......

Considering they are starting with the residential, if we could also get the Pelli office tower this would be a huge win! (even if the rest of it is put on hiatus for a few years)

I wouldn't be surprised if the developer only plans on doing the tall stuff while keeping parking on the rest of the site.

as was said, the residential tower is coming 1st.
They cant do the office tower without taking down the portion of the parking garage that goes over Congress St.
so if all we got was the office tower (and the 1st residential), that would be enough for me.
But the fact they need to absorb the cost of taking down the garage with the 2nd building, would entice them to keep going if at all possible, no?

In one day, 26 people poured 12,000 sf of fresh concrete on-site at #BulfinchCrossing.

Ha, maybe they could just jack this whole structure up on a giant truck and move it to the site of the new seaport garage.

I have to say, the older I get, the more I appreciate this building. I still don't like it, but it's pretty impressive and modern... and about as thoughtful as it gets for a parking garage.... much better than the crap we'll get in the seaport.

I remember the fiasco when this garage was deemed structurally unsafe, and had to be shut down. (if I remember correctly) Then next thing you know, they're adding two floors of office space on top of it! I guess they just wanted to make sure we all knew that they had fixed the "unsafe" aspect, and adding a few floors on top would prove that fact..(sarcasm, folks)...I wonder if any of that added office space on top will be saved, or if it will be shaved. :)

I remember the fiasco when this garage was deemed structurally unsafe, and had to be shut down. (if I remember correctly) Then next thing you know, they're adding two floors of office space on top of it! I guess they just wanted to make sure we all knew that they had fixed the "unsafe" aspect, and adding a few floors on top would prove that fact..(sarcasm, folks)...I wonder if any of that added office space on top will be saved, or if it will be shaved. :)

The two office floors on top actually helped pay for the very expensive structural work.

Back