Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

I really don't know why anyone is concerned with saving the trees if shade = Satan.

It's just standard protocol to hold this mtg when you're cutting down city trees. Gotta have a replacement plan, etc etc...the point is this project is moving ahead. This should mark the start of significant staging/site prep for the residential tower.

66vudk.png

Hoping this means they've found a tenant and are moving forward with the office tower.

Good news!

This is my favorite project city by far - at any stage of proposal/development/construction.

Call me crazy but I was under the impression that the residential tower could be built without any necessary demolition. I guess I really have no idea what is going on here. I was actually expecting to see steel soon on the resi.....

They're cutting out the portion of the garage that the tower slides into.

66vudk.png

Hoping this means they've found a tenant and are moving forward with the office tower.

The last paragraph in the article posted by bigpicture7 states that it is:

"Reconfiguring the garage for operation during construction is due to be complete by this month. Construction of Pelli Clarke Pelli’s tower is already underway and slated for completion in 2019. Further construction deadlines are yet to be finalized, because they are predominantly market-driven, however, Varanasi speculated that the garage should be in its final stage by 2023."

The last paragraph in the article posted by bigpicture7 states that it is:

"Reconfiguring the garage for operation during construction is due to be complete by this month. Construction of Pelli Clarke Pelli’s tower is already underway and slated for completion in 2019. Further construction deadlines are yet to be finalized, because they are predominantly market-driven, however, Varanasi speculated that the garage should be in its final stage by 2023."

That paragraph is wrong. There's no way the office tower by PCP could be finished by 2019. It hasn't even started. That's definitely meant to say "CBT's residential tower," as that is the first & only tower being built right now.

The office tower is what is market-driven and has yet to have a finalized deadline.

That paragraph is wrong. There's no way the office tower by PCP could be finished by 2019. It hasn't even started. That's definitely meant to say "CBT's residential tower," as that is the first & only tower being built right now.

The office tower is what is market-driven and has yet to have a finalized deadline.

That's what I figured. This board would have been jumping if that thing had started already.

Geez, that seems awful imposing. I think we should picket the developer and pressure them to develop a 4-story apartment complex filled with affordable housing.

Back