Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

The only part of Beacon Hill that can get some significant height is the part within 2 blocks of the West End and Downtown.

And even that is unlikely.

Last edited:
New views I had not seen from the landscape architect's site:

180521-Webiste-Graphics9.jpg

via DirtWorks Landscape Architecture

Lots of lobby and courtyard (garage roof?) shots here:
http://dirtworks.us/portfolio/bulfinch-crossing/

Impressive ^ if somewhat Dubai-ish. Will it get built in that form?

That is friggin incredible. I didnt even think about how they were going to treat the roof of the garage, looks amazing. To go from the garage thats there now to this is one of the most incredible transformations iv ever seen.

I know its supposed to look like a pig from the side but that bottom right pic looks fine.

I know its supposed to look like a pig from the side but that bottom right pic looks fine.

To be fair the views from I93 north will be blocked by the TD garden towers, and the south by downtown. This tower will be the most visble from the East (harbor) and west (Cambridge/Charles). And east/west is the skinny side, and has the best angles.

I have a render of the fat side being visible from around the Charles, but it seems to be pretty nice regardless.

What's the phasing for the office tower component? Does that cluster of botique office and hotel space get coupled in with this?

You barely even notice 200 sudbury the smaller condo? tower, but its still about a 35 story tower.

FAA confirming >640' could be up any moment....

To be fair the views from I93 north will be blocked by the TD garden towers, and the south by downtown. This tower will be the most visble from the East (harbor) and west (Cambridge/Charles). And east/west is the skinny side, and has the best angles.

the tallness of the curtain wall peak/spire should help abate the fatness.....

You barely even notice 200 sudbury the smaller condo? tower, but its still about a 35 story tower.

27~28 stories/ ~336`~342'

Last edited:
So what's the timeline on 1 congress?

^Summer 2019 groundbreaking, per:

Financing secured, construction of tower at Government Center Garage starts next summer
https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...y-financing/Z2qxVd2ccv0lbdrj7oM3OL/story.html

What's the phasing for the office tower component? Does that cluster of botique office and hotel space get coupled in with this?

^Multiple phases, per:

Yes, the garage demo should take place with this phase, at least according to their original plans. Below is the phased timeline they provided (page 5 of their presentation in December 2015):

picture.php

EDIT: although this phasing plan dates to 2015...anyone know if there's been an update?

FAA confirming >640' could be up any moment....

the tallness of the curtain wall peak/spire should help abate the fatness.....

27~28 stories/ ~336`~342'

I count 28 then you have a 3 story lobby. Then height wise the crown is 2-3, but 29 actual floors with the 1st being 3 floors tall.

Are they going to shut down congress st while the garage comes down atop it? Because going by how long it took to get the first corner down that is going be an extended period of time

Phase 2a is going to be great. Even just that overhang coming down is going to be a massive upgrade for the area. Seeing the new sight lines will be cool. Plus by then the first tower will be complete too so well start to get a feel with that tower and the street opened up of how much of an upgrade this is really going to be. The street will definitely feel less dingey and closed in without that garage. That tower helps a lot to fill in that gap too and well be able to get a feel for where in the gap its placed, if its centered it will help a lot vs on the edge of the skyline now. The renders show it pretty well centered and helping a lot and the renders dont even show the hub on causeway or garden garage either. Even driving along the greenway the skyline drops away pretty quick and this will make downtown much more substantial.

The render doesnt have avalon north station, hub on causeway, garden garage, or the rest of the towers pulling the seaport skyline to the left. The filled in seaport makes the skyline extend very far away now and its not bad that its shorter because it angles upward as it peaks at IP then angles away again. Really starting to look huge.
23055345712_2200d430ed_c.jpg

Last edited:

Back