Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

BKNA

Reaction score
^thats good, or it should stay as it is with 1 thread for each building (there will be 6 total) and an additional one for master plan.
having master plan discussion in whatever happens to be the currently under construction building would not be helpful. just wait until the garage demolition photos start flying at the same time One Congress is topping off.
Beeline does a very good job of posting pics it the correct thread. just follow his lead.

As for these pics, they are emptying out the old office space buildouts, including walls, and using an under utilized portion of the east parcel to haul it away.

JumboBuc

Reaction score
That is quite the hilariously gassy statement. They could have just chosen any one of thousands and thousands of very similar, generic, abstract illustrations from any stock photo site.
Sure, but I'd much prefer they commission a local artist then just pull some imagery from a stock photo database. Developers giving money to artists is a good thing.

I'm struck by how similar this looks to the new sculptures along Seaport Boulevard, the new sculptures in Assembly, and the murals across the street from Encore. Bright, colorful, high-contrast, and angular geometric public art appears to be having its moment in Boston.

Massachoicetts

Reaction score
They dont really say specifically, but is there a tentative completion date for all three towers and all the additional massing of the project? I understand State Street will finish in 2022sh... but how about the whole project? Im assuming 2025?

DigitalSciGuy

Reaction score

tmac9wr

Reaction score
Also, are any of those other designs official? I was under the impression they were just placeholders.

odurandina

Reaction score
That glass thing next to 1 Canal is sure to raise a smile
w/ The Northender Flat Earthers across the way.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
I hate all the glass/how boringly blue all of this is, but this is a million times better than the garage today.
the residential tower is not at all "all glass" or boringly blue and one congress is about the most exciting tower design ever in the history of the city. if this "bores" you, what does it take to excite you?

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
Sure, but I'd much prefer they commission a local artist then just pull some imagery from a stock photo database. Developers giving money to artists is a good thing.

I'm struck by how similar this looks to the new sculptures along Seaport Boulevard, the new sculptures in Assembly, and the murals across the street from Encore. Bright, colorful, high-contrast, and angular geometric public art appears to be having its moment in Boston.
It is all about focus groups. Clearly bright, colorful, high-contrast, and angular geometrics are resonating. Hence repeated usage around the city.

(Or there was a marketing/image study on this question, and it has been resold, over and over, to all the parties deploying!)