Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Not sure if this render has been posted here.

Check out Bulfinch Crossing on Twitter. Bulfinch Crossing is a 2.9M-square-foot mixed-use development (including #OneCongress) that will create a destination for residents, workers and visitors. https://twitter.com/BulfinchXing?s=20

EJHIbT2WsAIOfUD.jpeg

That is quite the hilariously gassy statement. They could have just chosen any one of thousands and thousands of very similar, generic, abstract illustrations from any stock photo site.

Sure, but I'd much prefer they commission a local artist then just pull some imagery from a stock photo database. Developers giving money to artists is a good thing.

I'm struck by how similar this looks to the new sculptures along Seaport Boulevard, the new sculptures in Assembly, and the murals across the street from Encore. Bright, colorful, high-contrast, and angular geometric public art appears to be having its moment in Boston.

They dont really say specifically, but is there a tentative completion date for all three towers and all the additional massing of the project? I understand State Street will finish in 2022sh... but how about the whole project? Im assuming 2025?

Also, are any of those other designs official? I was under the impression they were just placeholders.

That glass thing next to 1 Canal is sure to raise a smile
w/ The Northender Flat Earthers across the way.

I hate all the glass/how boringly blue all of this is, but this is a million times better than the garage today.

the residential tower is not at all "all glass" or boringly blue and one congress is about the most exciting tower design ever in the history of the city. if this "bores" you, what does it take to excite you?

Sure, but I'd much prefer they commission a local artist then just pull some imagery from a stock photo database. Developers giving money to artists is a good thing.

I'm struck by how similar this looks to the new sculptures along Seaport Boulevard, the new sculptures in Assembly, and the murals across the street from Encore. Bright, colorful, high-contrast, and angular geometric public art appears to be having its moment in Boston.
It is all about focus groups. Clearly bright, colorful, high-contrast, and angular geometrics are resonating. Hence repeated usage around the city.

(Or there was a marketing/image study on this question, and it has been resold, over and over, to all the parties deploying!)

IMG_1252 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_1251 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

All retail vacated.

IMG_1255 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
Beeline -- I think you nailed the equivalent of the first excavators and bulldozers scraping up a parking lot
There's a long way to go before this end of the Ugly! is "consigned to the proverbial concrete fragment pile of history" *1
BUT its a Start!!

[with apologizes to Ronaldus Maximus @ the Guildhall and the fate of the Communist USSR]

Todat they were very busy putting up screens in preperation for the removal of the the two floors of offices. You can see that they have started getting agressive with the removal of the roof.

IMG_2012 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2020 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2025 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2024 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2031 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2030 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

They are working both sides of the garage.

This is the south side.

IMG_2034 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_2055 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Back