Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Re: Congress Street Garage Development

Agreed, but I think he said that and the fool does have alot of power

czsz said:
It will "happen," just ... completed by a cheaper firm.

Anyone care to take bets on when Cook+Fox will back out and CBT takes over the job?

BTW, good to see you back, czsz.

Thanks! I'm not sure they'd back out so much as be pushed out when costs start to rise (which could be due to the planning process). God knows how many times it's happened here before.

Ok, So who wants to take the other side????

This is Boston. Enough said.

Seriously, there is always room for some political cock-up in this city. As much as there's a chance the mayah might be thrilled that construction may bring some jobs and make the city appear economically vital, Filene's may have made him cautious of the possibility that a stalled project may look worse than one that doesn't get off the ground.

Plus how much of the approvals process for this overlaps with the election campaign? The North Enders want their school, and the candidates are at pains to appear more "community-focused" than the next.

The following is the response i got from inquiring about the status of the project.

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your interest, we appreciate it.

We submitted a Project Notification Form with the BRA/City earlier this year, and received a Scoping Determination in response. Essentially, the Scoping Determination tells us everything we need to study in order to make our larger project filing, a Draft Project Impact Report (DPIR).

Over the summer, we?ve been working on refining the project design and studying all of the issues required to compile the DPIR, which is a long list, and we hope to file our DPIR near the end of the year. After it?s filed, there will be another round of public meetings and comment periods to review the more detailed DPIR materials, and we hope to gather consensus on a project that will work for the neighborhoods and the City.

A long process -- but one that we hope will be successful. Stay tuned on our website for more detail later this year. If you have any questions, feel free to check back in.

Best regards,

Senior Project Manager

Why isn't the Harbor Garage project moving at the pace of the Congress project?

I thought both these projects were stalled due to the Greenway Study for shadows?

These projects are stalled due to Mayoral election.

Expect news on this project (and two other projects) some time around mid-November.

Expect news on this project (and two other projects) some time around mid-November.

If these projects are stalled due to the Mayoral Election. What hell are we paying the BRA for then?

To stall the projects.

So the BRA definition should be a Criminal Political Enterprise for free market capitalism.

Now you know why the Boston Skyline is very weak.

pelhamhall is dead on. A few weeks before the election there will be several announcements and press releases concerning projects going forward. "See, Meninio CAN and DOES get things done." It is laughable at best and corruption at worst.

Is there any proof of this?

Well there's plenty of hear-say and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

lionelhutz.jpg

I just would like to know what the BRA is doing with our Tax money for the last 3 months? Especially if NO projects are moving forward.

Actually let me rephrase that. Why are we paying them for not working?

I'd like to know... How can I get a job there?

Well there's plenty of hear-say and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

Sorry Mac! Hearsay (with very limited exemptions) is inadmissible. Conjecture is not evidence.

And a doozy. R.I.P. Lionel Hutz.

Sorry Mac! Hearsay (with very limited exemptions) is inadmissible. Conjecture is not evidence.

I move for a bad court thinghy...

You mean a mistrial?

Yea! That's why you're the judge, and I'm the...law..talkin guy.

Alright I'll stop spamming this thread.

I am not necessarily accusing the BRA of anything. After 16 years under Boss Menino's rule, developers know better than to make news in the months leading up to a mayoral election. It's just bad policy. I know of two developers who are holding news/announcements until after the election. Nothing major, nothing earth-shattering, they just don't want to shake the boat now for fear of angering Menino. If Menino/BRA are guilty of anything, it's continuing to foster this environment... it doesn't mean they are committing fraud or actual crimes.

Back